The Hot Chocolate

(Darby's pov)

I crinkled my nose and sat up on the couch. Bucky was gone but the room wasn't quiet.

I don't mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile...

"And she wiiiiiiiillll be loooooved," Bucky sang out, unaware that I was awake now. His loud voice echoed through the high ceilings and bounced around my eardrums.

He came strolling through the kitchen singing his heart out, and gosh it would have been so much better if I had gotten it on video.

"And she wiiiiiill-oh," he stuttered, silencing himself after meeting my eyes. He ran to the speaker and turned the volume down.

"I um, I didn't know you were-" he looked down, trying to not be seem embarrassed.

"It's okay, Bucky. Lucky for you, this is my favorite song," I stood up and and stretched. "You could sing this song to me anytime of day, no matter what mood I'm in, and it just makes me...happy," I grinned.

He looked up and smiled with relief.

"You seem to know the words though, Buck. How is that possible?" I smirked walking closer to him.

"Um, I'm not sure-"

'And by not sure I mean I listened to it about ten times already'

I raised an eyebrow and shook my head at him.

'Liar'

"Darn it. I keep forgetting you can do that," he sighed happily.

He walked into the kitchen as the air conditioning kicked on. I grabbed the closest jacket possible, which happened to be one of his sweatshirts. I slipped it on over the burgundy shirt I was wearing. It smelled like him, musky and minty. Hm, his natural aroma mixed with mint leave body soap, or cologne maybe? It was a weird pairing, but soothing at the same time.

"What were you doing playing music so early in the morning anyways?" I yelled across the living room.

"Well I thought I'd treat you in the morning to some of the things you liked," he stumbled out of the kitchen, holding a mug in each hand. "One of them being Maroon 5, and the other being-"

"Hot chocolate?" I internally clicked my heels together and reached out for the cup.

He handed me the hot chocolate and I sipped it slowly, as to not burn my tongue.

"This was really sweet of you Bucky," I smiled.

"Think of it as a little celebration of our newfound friendship. I know that sounds cheesy, but anything to get a cup of hot chocolate right?" he chuckled, raising his mug up and taking a sip.

"I'll take that excuse anytime," I grinned before slurping down more hot chocolate, whipped cream grazing onto my nose.

"And I, um, well I invited someone to join us this morning," he whispered.

I almost choked on my drink, "Who?"