The Return

I watched for who I was expecting to come around the corner. The edge of something black was slowly creepy from the wall, a gun perhaps by the look of it.

I threw my hand up and sent the gun across the room. A big man in all black leaped out from behind and stood tensely in front of me. The haircut Clint gave him didn't hide his face much, but a mask up to his nose did.

"Bucky," I whispered calmly.

His emotion didn't change. His metal fist was tightening slowly and I had to think faster than I did last time. I raised my hand again and unlatched his mask, dropping it the to floor.

"Bucky, it's me, Darby," I told him, keeping my hand ready to stop him if needed. "Hydra got a hold of you again, didn't they? And in that amount of time?-"

"Shut up," he demanded.

"Bucky," I said once more, hoping something in his head would click, "listen to me. They have control of you again, but I know you can break free. You are stronger than this, I know it. I care about you too much to watch them torture you like this," I went on, trying to stall until I could think of something other than throwing him against a wall again.

His face softened at my words. His eyebrows furrowed, but his mouth wasn't so downturned anymore. I figured saying stuff like that might work better than violence.

"Do you remember when we first met and we talked by the window?"

His eyes darted away, and back again. He stepped closer and I stepped back.

"Do you remember when you made me hot chocolate and we listened to music together? And we spent all that time watching Friends too," I droned.

He got angrier as I went on, frustrated that I wouldn't stop talking about something he denied to be familiar. He shook his head and yelled at me, but I proceeded.

"And all those nights we held each other so we wouldn't get nightmares?" I mumbled. "Do you remember those too? I know you do Bucky. They were special nights, everything that we did together was special," I pleaded.

My eyes were tearing up at this point but I couldn't stop myself. "And when I told you that you were the reason I wanted to keep going, my life raft? You are my life raft, Bucky. Right now, I'm trying to be yours," I cried, trying to keep myself composed.

"Darby," he whispered.

"Yes! Yes! It's me, Darby!" I squealed, moving closer to him.

"Darby?" he repeated.

I nodded ecstatically and inched closer again.

"Darby," he pondered, "I was sent to capture you," he groaned.

I stopped where I was and tried to scoot backwards. I shook his head and he took a step forward, enough to quickly grab my neck. Before I realized it, he slapped something to my temple and I felt shocks throughout my head and my entire body. He released me and I fell to the floor, stunned and unable to move. He lowered himself and picked me back up, one hand under my back and the other under my legs. He carried me stealthily to the elevator and out of the tower. I felt like we were in plain sight, but with the Avengers being gone and him being an assassin, it was no problem. All I could do was watch him as he stomped to a black van behind an alley way. I watched his hair blow to each side as he walked, and I saw his beautiful icy eyes dart around. As much as he looked like the man I loved, he wasn't.

He threw me into the back of the van and cuffed me in case I tried to take the shocker off. Anytime I would try to use my powers, shocks were sent to my temple.

I sat in the back motionless, unable to determine what would set the sensor off. I was there for about half an hour before we got to wherever we were going. He blindfolded me, scooped me back up, and hauled me inside of what I assumed to be a Hydra base. He sat me in a cold metal chair that sent goosebumps up my arms and legs. The air was crisp, and even though I was blindfolded, I could tell how dark it was in there.

The blindfold was ripped off of my face and the darkness made it hard to make out who was standing there in front of me. Bucky was standing to the left, arms at his side. Another figure was next to him, someone clad in all white, opposite of Bucky's attire.

"Hello Miss Whitmore," a familiar voice greeted.

I widened my eyes to get a better look, mostly because that's all I could physically do.

"Do you not remember me? We met a few weeks ago when you were...in much better condition," he sighed, examining me up and down. "See what happens when you stay with the Avengers too long, my dear?" he commented in a sly tone.

I noticed his slender build and short stature, and recollected his identity. He was the one who captured me before I woke up in the alley, the one who reoccurred in my nightmare.

"It seems that the actions of our Winter Soldier did not seem to affect you in the way we had hoped. Maybe it's time you-"

"What did you say?" I groaned as best as I could.

"It is rude to interrupt someone when they are talking, but since you've caught me on a good day, I'll indulge you," he smirked, inching closer to me.

"You obviously didn't think that we had your precious 'Bucky' kill your parents for no good reason, did you? We knew that if you found out he killed them, your rage would consume your untrained body and perhaps destroy the Avengers from the inside. It was a long shot, but we have plenty of time here to break some eggs. But you were more capable of containing your powers than we thought," he smiled, his grin reminding me of a predator looking at its prey. "Now we know better than to throw you out. We're going to take our time with you," he teased my chin with his finger, lifting my head to meet his stare.

My face got hot and my eyes were welling. My hands were in fists, but my grip released with the deliverance of constant shocks.

"You're a monster," I whispered, clenching my teeth out of anger and pain.

"No we aren't, Miss Whitmore. But once I am through with you, you will be," he sneered.

♡♡ ♡♡ ♡♡ ♡♡
Hey everyone!! I'm so happy to see people voting and enjoying my story! Please do not hesitate to comment on anything because nothing makes me happier than getting to read things from you guys! Comment on a certain part of the chapter, what you like or dislike, or what you want to see in a future chapter. Anything! Especially since I'm thinking of wrapping up this story soon, let me know what you think. Keep voting! Keep commenting! I love you guys! Thanks so much!!
♡♡ ♡♡ ♡♡ ♡♡