20. The Undyne Died

I hurriedly went to the item button and checked for foods, when a particular food came up: tEmMiE flAkEs, the flakes I brought from that once temmie village! (The mushroom people gives it instead of selling, since there are too many)

I took the flakes and instead of eating it, threw it at the temmie, hoping it would work...somehow.

"tEmMiE flAkEs! tEmMiE LikE tEmMiE flAkEs!!!", it run towards me but sidestepped and ate the flakes instead. Its crooked limbs started to get better and its once dirty fur became white once more.

And then it hit me!

The Act button can go into various kinds of options, but to continue with the Mercy button, I have to choose the right Act.

I may have chosen the item button, but...I acted to give it at the temmie! That's what Frisk meant!

I could have spared Greater Dog and Tsundereplane a while ago! I'm so stupid, I let two innocent monsters die by my own hands. (Soul hands)

It was the temmie's turn once more, but it was still licking the crumbs of the flakes from the floor, that it had forgotten about me.

I couldn't move my legs still, but I didn't worry, as it was already my turn next.

Looking at the item button and act button, I was double-thinking on what to choose; my life was draining, but the temmie must first be saved.

The violet thingy was gone, and I had six out of twenty, I decided to choose the act button and just hope for the better.

And just as what I guess, the give temmie flakes was on one of the choices, the others was flexing and say hi to temmie.

Thinking that temmies love their flakes, I still gave temmie the flakes, and it gladly pounce to it. Its face looked nearest to its original self, and thats where I assumed that the mercy button can now be used, right?

And the third time that it was my turn, I didn't gave myself a second thought on pressing MERCY and the yellow Mercy, when it finally ended.

The (normal way of) shaking temmie was infront of me, smiling as bits of crumbs were stolen by its tongue and slid into its catty-mouth, happy that I spared it...I think. We left the soul world, and I came closer to pet it.

When Chara's voice growled once more.

"You never learn, do you? How many times do I have to teach you?"

I looked around, and saw him finally.

He looked bored, annoyed, and bored...like he expected something else to please him.

I tried to convince him of stopping...but my voice...couldn't be heard.

He put his hand up infront of him, and suddenly my right hand(which had the toy knife) forced me to turn around on the temmie.

The temmie didn't move as it thought that I would still pet it. I came closer, couldn't move my own body away from it. I felt my hand dug to the cat's small frame,"Mewwww..."

Temmie and I cried as it died.

It vanished into the air(just for dramatic reasons), and a monster who looked like Mon came to its stead.

I cried again, and tried to run after him for comfort and belongingness. But Chara held me by my arm, making me look at him again, and his face grew seriously angry and waved a shoo sign to Mon's look-a-like.

"Wha--? Wait, d-don't go!", I said out to Mon, but he left on the ground, leaving Chara and me.

I turned to look at Chara again, and now, he just smiled at me, saying,"You should be ready to see her demise soon, you know? You don't have to weaken your heart more on seeing a monster you think you know...but isn't actually...it."