24. Stupid Fool

"Why. Are. You. Nodding? Chara's a monster, Gam. We have to tell the authorities to take his soul away from you...", Ferson said to me,"…and--and your just nodding?"

"Ferson, Chara needs our help. He...", I tried to say something else, but he interrupted.

"Gambol, listen, he's DETERMINED to kill a PERSON. DETERMINED that he won't let his plans be deterred by us. He and Gaster told me so," he said, pleading at me.

Gaster? Is he the person who those followers follow? Those disguising people who kept saying Gaster will live or something?

"No, Ferson, listen to me...", I stopped talking, and got to sit beside Ferson, thinking what to say next.

I couldn't say that 'Frisk is the true monster, Ferson. And that he chose to kill the monsters past timelines ago, which he now calls family. He's a hypocrite kind of man-ster, Ferson. HYPOCRITE!'

I couldn't because, Frisk was also a sweet boy, who everyone loves, because he's kind, caring, lovable, and that he's everyones friend...and fling.

They would never believe that Frisk could kill, since he erased their memories everytime he would use his Reset Powers.

But at that timelines ago, was he also forced to kill them that time? Or did Chara forced him to kill?

Well, yeah... But that was at the ending of every supposed happy ending, after Chara took Frisk's soul...to let Frisk taste his own medicine.

But wait, what do I know more about Chara, too, anyway?

I know the reason for his revenge on Frisk. And he's weird for some reason. He changes his mood every now and then. And his way of thinking...is frightening.

But what if...there is more to him than just being mad at Frisk? Like, there's another reason I don't know about?

Well, he's also a human no less...he has humanity stuck unto his being.

(*insert Chara's tongue out)

Ugh, this is so confusing. I must be fair with Frisk and Chara, since I don't know their true stories about each other.

And that is going to be my reason to have determination to save them both.

(Gam's soul turning red for three seconds)

"Woah, Gam...did your soul changed color? Wait, is that even possible?", Ferson eyed me and say.

"What?", I looked down to my chest and saw nothing.

"Your soul vibrated a red color instead of light blue, Gam, it looked amazing."

I shook my head to him,"There's nothing," making me stand and check my body.

"Well that's weird...*gasp*",Ferson stood up too, and grabbed my hand,"Come on, Gam, we really need to report about him now, before he takes control over you again. His soul is red, you know."

I took my hand away from his, and forced him to look at me,"No, Ferson. What must I say to stop you from convincing me into taking Chara away?", I whispered the Chara part.

"Wha---Did Chara just brainwashed you? I thought you finally understood what I had told you!", I nodded my head, and laid my hands on his shoulders.

"Ferson. Are you a bearer of the trait of Determination or not?", I asked, standing my ground firmly, and looking serious.

"Yes, I am...but this---", I interrupted.

"Then, be determined in having hope in Chara, Ferson, you once did, haven't you? You could've reported to him a long time ago, but you didn't. And have hope in me, too, because I feel like I can do this...I just need him to listen to me and that takes time.