21. He Was A Crooked Boy

I held my knife firmly, thinking that I should end it, but I was also having second thoughts, so I chose the act button instead.

There were only three options to chose from, aside from check: one said wave, the other said pay, and the last one said count.

It was confusing me on what to pick, and I don't think I have any money here in this...place, so I chose the easiest one: wave.

I waved my hand to it, and it wanted to wave its hand too, but its body was crooked, so it couldn't stand...and I feel like its getting more angrier.

It was its turn and it zoomed off again, as it slapped my body to the left, if it weren't for its tiny damages to my health, I think I could've broken my limbs any time now.

My turn again. I stood up and cradle my left arm who got leaned after the slap attack, and still chosed the act button.

But, what would this do to me anyway? Chara would still force me to kill this innocent...err, monster and I'd only be the one who gets affected. . .

Which gave me an idea of what Chara plans to do to me.

I guess I was right when I thought that something was "taking" something away from me.

I was the only one affected, because those things seemed only like...disguises, and the memories might...

I have to be sure of what I'm thinking, and I chosed the count option at the act button.

I counted from one to five, when the hand monster tried to count from one to five, only realizing now that it had only four fingers in its monster body.

It grew depressed, growling and looking much more wicked.

It was its turn again, but instead of fighting it wailed and howled, like it hurt to move, and after just a few seconds, it dropped on the floor panting.

Making me pity it.

I chosed the last option, pay, and hoped for a miracle.

"Hi, I would like to pay for the accommodation I had at the resort, how much is it?", my mouth magically moved and came along my voice. I did not ever think that that would happen.

It seemed to be saying something, but it was hard to understand, and It tried to push itself up, although it was hurting, it stood up and came closer to me to get the money I never thought I had in my hands.

I gave it to its pinky finger and the looks of its...uh, skin? Turned to a livelier color. Its nails seemed to have change, too.

I felt that it was happy that it could still be useful. I don't know how I felt that, but it was glad that it could be a little better now than before.

It was its turn again, but it was still looking at the money I've given it, like it forgotten what to do with it. After a few while, it was my turn again, and I hurriedly chose the count option.

I counted one to five, while it was busy counting the money, ignoring me. It looked much better than before, and now looked exactly like the hand monster I know.

I chosed the wave option to know what would happen, and it also waved back at me, then ignored me again. I pushed the Mercy button, after it still chose to ignore me the second time around, and the battle was finished.

All I'm waiting now is for Chara to come and force me to kill a monster again.

While waiting for him to come, I came closer to the hand monster and sat beside...her.

"Gambol, are you dumb enough to not understand, that whatever you're going to do, nothing would ever change the fact that this monster would still be killed?"

I searched for him and finally saw him behind my back, his eyes annoyed and angry at me.

"No, I'm not dumb. I just chose to save, and will try to save, while I can still save the monsters I want to save," I said at him with determination. I saw that he looked a bit surprised and was about to say something when I interrupted him.

"Chara, whatever your plan for me, here on this place...I will still choose to stop you from trying your revenge on Frisk. He may be a monster with what he did, but that's from the past timeline, he wouldn't try to do it again," I stood up next infront of him, shielding the hand monster behind me.

He chuckled evily, shaking his head four times then looked at me,"You think...that he only did it once? And you also think he would never do it again?! *fake laugh* Hate to break it to you, Gam, but when he killed every monster from the underground and resetted again and again, never did he regretted it, Gam, he enjoyed it instead...or should I say...he never felt anything in the beginning."

"He only started to regret it, when he finally met me, the First Fallen Human, and knew what I would do if I took his soul. He gave his soul up, after knowing that he had no choice. And whenever he finally ended a supposed happy ending, it would still become a bad ending, as I let him taste his own medicine, and killed everyone, my LV and EXP getting higher and higher everytime he would reset," he laughed maniacally, then stopped.

"The True Reset did nothing to change the fact that he gave his soul to me. But one particular timeline changed everything else. He chosed Genocide once more, and when he and I met each other again...his soul was unbelievably with him again," he said looking confused, too.

"It surprised me, but since it was with him, I had to ask for his soul again. Yet this time, he was determined to keep it and kept refusing over and over again, in which I forced him into a compromise instead. If he would only give the Reset button to me, I would let him reset to the time he hadn't kill Mettaton yet, and let him reset to when he first fell from Mt. Ebott, to save everyone."

"But I also asked him to save me, too. Save me along with the others, and we will all have the truest of all the happy ending timelines. He agreed, but after I let him reset twice, he didn't...do it. He saved them all, but I was still left here," he said in a pained voice.

"I didn't even understood how his soul left me, and I couldn't believe that I gave him my absolute trust that he would actually save me. All I wanted was to leave the underground in peace, along with the six other souls that died here and were finally free."

"When the true pacifist ending finally was about to end four years ago, he went to the ruins, where a friend of his was caring for the golden flowers all the humans fell safely: my beloved brother. I was glad he became a goat once more, although that would only be a few minutes until he would become an irritating annoying little flower again," he laughed a bit and smiled, looking down at the floor.

He looked back at me, his red glistening eyes, about to cry,"They talked, and I listened, my brother telling Frisk about me, telling him that he liked Frisk more than me, that he wished that Frisk was the first human to have fallen years ago and that he wished he never met...me," he sobbed and hid his tears behind the left arm he hurriedly put infront of his face.

I pitied him...he was just a young child after all. Like me, the gang and Frisk.

"If Frisk was the first human to fall years ago, my brother would've died like what Frisk did to Papyrus! Again and again and again! Until he grows tired of killing and thinks of another way in using his Reset powers!", he let his arm go and yelled at me. He was crying, red liquid substituting tears.

"Nothing will stop me from killing Frisk, Gam, I AM TOO DRIVEN ABOUT REVENGE!", he controlled me and I turned around and pressed the toy knife into the hand monster, until it was gone.

Looking back at the hand monster made me cry. I got shocked from what Chara forced me to do, although I should have expected it.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Au note:
Hy! So...who do you think is the actual protagonist and antagonist from my story, Frisky or Chara? No...not Gambol, she's my made up character.

Pick one!

Vote, like and share if you want to, and if you have other concerns, please comment.

Please, criticise and judge me, please! I need to know if something went wrong.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''