26. Through Time And Space

"Okay, back to the topic before suddenly it changes...again. Do you guys have something to tell us?", Persiphone looked at the both of us like we were criminals or something.

Before I could say anything, Frisk announced that we would be leaving soon, using the River Person's boat.

"You got lucky this time, Gam, Ferson," she eyed us.

While we were waiting for Papyrus to come, sans came by and surprised us with something. He said that he would be our tour guide until we leave the Underground.

Everyone cheered, and I actually saw my brother smiling.

I asked why there was a sudden change, and he said that his group was already tired of resting and asked for someone active to keep'em going.

Papyrus was there to hurriedly accept it, and they exchange places.

"Oh right, sansy!", my brother cheered, everyone also seconded his motion, acting like there was a party or something. Ferson and Ranth  were the only people not joining.

There was a few times when I could hear Chara grumbling inside my head. He was saying things like he already got caught and that he needed to change his plans.

"okay, kiddos, we're not joining the others to the River Person, since we'll be having our own activity called rest," sans said sleepily.

"What? But we just rested 30 minutes a second ago," Mon said in surprise.

"And we're going to get left out by the tour, sans," Persie said in confused.

"it's fine, i know a shortcut, so you guys could do anything for another set of 30 minutes or more, we still could catch up with them", he said already lying to the floor, one bony hand below his head.

"What?", Persiphone looked bewildered.

"I guess that's what sans group meant about tired of resting, isn't it?", I asked looking at all the Z's already coming out from sans mouth.

"He's already fast asleep? Wow!", Mon said in excitement.

"Woah, I can never challenge him into any lazy game ever, I'd only lose," my brother's face was wide with shock.

"Why? Did you actually think you could beat the master?", Persiphone said and laughed.

"So...for the next 30 minutes...um, what should we do?", Ranth asked.

The gang was thinking of different activities, while waiting for sans to wake up, when I was suddenly grabbed by the hand by Ferson, taking me away from them and the sleeping sans.

"What, what?", I said, while almost tripping on some stones.

"Are you really sure you can save him, Gam?", Ferson asked,"Even if the future has already been set?"

I wanted to ask him about what he meant, but instead, I responded and kept it short and simple saying 'Yes'.

"Okay, Gam, I'll believe again. So listen, for some reason, Cha--him...", he stopped and looked at sans,"...seems to be frightened of sans or something. Like he doesn't want sans to know that he is in you," he ended in a breath, looking again at me.

"Why?", I asked, though I already guessed the answer.

"I don't know, but he really despises sans, calling him comedian than his real name," he said in hurried voice.

"How do you know all about this, Ferson?", I asked, because it seems like Ferson might actually can answer all of my questions for now.

He looked at me and sighed,"I was with him thirty minutes ago, Gam... Well more kinda like days... And I, myself, actually don't know if I should be glad or should get depressed, knowing that his plan has already been set to the future."