Chapter 1

Paige's POV

My peaceful sleep is interrupted by a kiss on my forehead. I open my eyes and see my dad smiling down at me. And the bed next to me is empty. Looks like my sister is already up. I groan "Dad it's still 7 in the morning and It's Saturday!".

He laughs "I know baby girl. But we've planned to go to the beach". Beach is my all time favourite place. I slightly pull the blanket down my face and look at him.

"But dad I've got to sleep" I groan.

He just shakes his head as his attempt to wake me was a failure and walks out of my room. "If I don't see you down in an hour we're leaving without you!" is what he says while walking out.

I wake up and sit as if someone smacked on my head! He did not mean it right? Obviously he was just trying to wake me up! I laugh at myself and get down from the bed. I push myself towards the washroom. As I enter the washroom I look at myself in the mirror and looked at a total disaster. "I hate myself!" I mutter.

What did my ex see in me? I wonder! He cared a lot about me and at the same time he was too possessive. I hated that fact. I was glad that it was over. I ended it. Ever since my breakup I never got into any other relationship. I thought it was fine this way. Being single and happy. And anyways my family always had my back.

I brush my teeth and showered quickly thinking of what my dad said about leaving me. Once I was done I walk out of the shower and right now I was in front of my closet. As usual I've no clue what to wear. Just as I stand there thinking of what to wear my thoughts go back to what dad said. I wear a black top and a blue skinny jeans and rush downstairs. They were all still packing. I just roll my eyes and hop on the stool to have my breakfast. I pour myself some cereal and milk.

My mom enters the kitchen "Someone finally decided to wake up!"she says. I just decide not to respond and continue eating my cereal.

Then I hear my dad saying "She woke up now didn't she! Stop mocking her!". He kisses on my forehead once again and smiles at both of us. He looks down at me and says "Good morning baby girl" and hops on the stool next to mine to have his breakfast.

My mom shakes her head and says to dad "You're spoiling her with all your pampering you know! She doesn't do a single work here at home!"

"Well she isn't here to do work! We've got a maid for that" says my dad. I just look down and laugh.

My sister chooses to enter the kitchen at the same time and all of us remain quite. She sits down too to have her breakfast. I look up at her and smile but I receive a cold stare back. Then I realise that she heard our conversation and again put down my head to eat my breakfast. I'm a slow eater. My dad always loved me more than he did her. My mom was the one who loved her the most and supported her always.

After the breakfast we put everything in the trunk of the car and left for the beach. My mom and dad sit in the front while me and sister at the back. She's still giving me a cold stare so I decided to ignore it and plugged my earphones. Once we reached there we take all the stuff from the trunk of the car and head into the beach. Seattle is a beautiful place to stay. We're in the discovery park. This is one of my favourite places. That might be the reason my dad often gets us here.

We start laying out sheets and all the stuffs we had got for the day out. Once me and my mom put everything down we decided to get into the waters. I rolled my pants up so that the water just touched my feet. I was not a great fan of water. All I loved is to watch the endless sea ahead of me and enjoy the cool air. I just close my eyes and feel the breeze hitting my skin when I'm interrupted by my dad. He stands next to me and flashes his million dollar smile again, which was the best thing he ever had. I smile back at him. "Are you enjoying your day?" He asks me. I laugh and say "Obviously I'm dad! You know I love this place and that is the reason you often get us here". "Yeah that is the reason I get you here. I want you to be happy no matter what baby girl. You're everything to me. I can do anything to make you happy." He says. I love my dad the most for this reason alone. He cares a lot for me. He always made sure I got everything I ever wanted. "I know dad and that is why I love you" I say. He just hugs me and says "I love you too baby girl".

We all watch the sunset together and decide to go back home. Once we reach home all being tired directly go to bed. I enter my room after washing my face and see my sister lying in the bed. I hated the fact that I had to share rooms with her but I was scared to sleep alone too. I was 16! God I was hopeless! I just roll my eyes at the sleeping figure of my sister and move towards the bed. I push my sister a little and make myself place to sleep. Since I was way too tired I drift to sleep as soon as I close my eyes.

Hey guys it's my first story. I hope you guys enjoyed it. If you like my story please do vote and comment.

Thank you guys!!😊