Chapter 6

Paige's POV

I wake up the next day and curse kat for not letting me sleep soon the previous night. I was still sleepy because of her. I somehow manage to get into the shower and wash myself. Now I'm in my closet deciding what to wear! I wanted to look good. Was it because of him? I never cared what I wore before I met him. Why am I so bothered?

"Paige pick something and leave you'll be late! You're never late!" I scold myself and choose a random jeans, white plain shirt and a white jacket on top of it to look more formal.

I reach my office within 10 minutes. I rush upstairs and into my chamber. It was open. The only person who had the key to my chamber was Sofie. I enter the chamber knowing she's there. She smiles at me as soon as I enter and wishes me "Good morning babe!"

I look at her with a smile as I remember the conversation we had over the phone yesterday and wish her back "Good morning Sofie! You decided to come to work today! Wow that's a surprise. How's Nate?"

She blushed at my comment and says "Well he's fine as usual. He left to his place yesterday". He lived not so far from her place and they were planning on moving together. I encouraged them to.

"When are you guys moving? He's moving or you're? " I ask her.

"He wants to come to my place" she says with a smile plastered on her face. Nate might have done something really good this weekend that she can't take off that smile from her face. I just shake my head and laugh.

"That's good Sofie! I'm happy for you guys." I say and I hug her. She hugs me back.

"So what did you do without me yesterday? Where did you have lunch?" She asks me. That is when Daniel strikes to my mind. Should I tell her? No! I'm just making a big deal out of it. He wanted to sit there because the chair was empty and nothing else. She shakes me holding my arms as I had zoned off thinking about him. "Hello! I asked you something!" She says.

I just remove her hands and go sit in my chair. "I sat in the same place we usually do and had my lunch and my day was fine too. I had loads of things to do" I say smiling at her.

"Okay fine! Listen I'm really sorry Paige I can't accompany you to lunch today also! Nate is taking me for lunch! I'm really sorry baby" she says feeling very bad for me. Why was she sorry? She need not apologise to me to go with her boyfriend! But I really needed her today! I wanted to ignore Daniel. But I wanted her to enjoy too.

I laugh shaking my head and say "Sofie why are you apologising? Come on! Go and have fun. I'm completely fine. I don't want you annoying me everywhere. Get lost!" I scold her in a funny tone.

She laughs loudly and slightly hits me on the hand "Fine then I'll see you in the evening" she says and bids me goodbye.

Now I start wondering what to do and how to ignore him! I just take the thought out of my head and start working.