Chapter 18

Paige's POV

We are on the way to my mom's place in Daniel's car. Oh! How much I missed my mom. I feel guilty for leaving her alone there with all those memories of dad. But I couldn't have tolerated Elizabeth either. I don't hate her but she pushed me away every time I tried to get along with her. That annoyed me.

I look out of the window enjoying the breeze. It was still 9.30 and it wasn't too sunny. Seattle mornings are the best. I'm interrupted by Daniel. He places his hand on mine which was on my lap. I turn around to look at him. "Everything okay baby? You seem to be lost in your thoughts" he says.

I gently smile at him and say "it's nothing Daniel! I was just thinking about mom. I missed her a lot. I'm happy that I'm visiting her."

"Baby don't worry we'll be there in few minutes. You'll see her" he says smiling and squeezing my hand assuring that everything would be okay. That is what I liked about him. He made me feel everything around me is good. I smile back at him and turn towards the window again.

We arrive at my mom's place and now I'm nervous. Why am I nervous? Well I knew the answer for that too. It's because I had never been home with a guy. It was my first. But I had to just introduce him as my friend. Calm down Paige! I get down from the car and just stand there staring at the house. Will I be able to act well? Will she believe me? I did not even notice Daniel coming and standing next to me.

He puts his arm around me saying "You seem to be very lost today baby. Don't worry she won't suspect anything. Just be cool with it and I'm always there to help you. I wanted to proudly say to your mom that I loved her daughter. But you don't want me to and I've no problem with that. I just want you to be happy at last. I would do anything for that baby." I just look at him in disbelief. He's so understanding always. What did I do to get such a sweet boyfriend? He cared for me, he loved me and he said he would do anything for me. What else does a girl want? Mom would be really happy if I introduced him as my boyfriend. She would just love him and I'm sure they would get along in no time. But still I did not wanna risk things. I wanted to take it slow. I did not want make my mom feel left out. "Baby" he calls me and I'm brought back from my thoughts. "You are really not yourself today. Trust me everything will be alright. As long as we are together in this nothing can go wrong. Okay?" He asks me and bends down to kiss me on my forehead. Oh no! I was gonna miss his kisses when we will be inside the house.

I smile at him saying "Okay". He takes my hand and pulls me towards the door. As soon as we reach the door I snatch my hand away from his hold. He makes a puppy dog face and I glare at him. He laughs at my misery! How rude! I push the door bell and my mom answers the door with a warm smile on her face. I was so pleased to see her after so many days. "Mom!" I say and hug her tightly. She hugs me back with the same force. Oh how much I had missed being in her arms!

"Paige! You made it. I thought you wouldn't" she says pulling back. My mom thinks I don't care about her? I worry about her most of the time. She's now holding my face in her hands and she kisses my forehead. When she pulls back she looks beside me and lifts her eyebrows up in shock. Oh wait! I forgot about Daniel completely. "Paige who's this?" She asks looking at Daniel. Okay calm down Paige! You can do this.

"Mom this my good friend Daniel and he works in the same company as mine" I say. Okay not bad Paige! I turn towards Daniel saying "Daniel this is my mom." Okay! I sigh in relief. Done with the introduction.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Williams" he says extending his hand to her and smiling. My mom's face lit up and I can clearly see that she liked him instantly. He put his spell on her either. He was that breathtakingly handsome. Anyone would fall for his charm. I don't blame my mom.

"Please call me Jasmine. Nice to meet you too Daniel" she says accepting his hand and shaking it briefly. Wow mom! Call me Jasmine? She was completely flattered by his looks. I just shake my head and laugh. "Come in both of you" she says and opens the door wider for us. We both step in and I lock the door behind us. "Daniel make yourself at home. I'll be right back. I left something on the stove. Paige, darling show him around" she says and walks out of there.