Chapter 19

Daniel's POV

We were done having our dinner and Paige's mom went to sleep sooner. So it was only me and Paige now cleaning the dishes. I noticed that she seemed really lost the whole time I was speaking. I turned her around so that she was now looking at me and asked her "Paige you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine" she said putting her head down. I knew something was wrong though.

I lifted her chin up so that she looked in my eyes "Babe you can't lie to me. Tell me what's going on" I said.

"It's just that staying here brings me back the memory of dad" she says and a tear slips down her eye. Obviously she missed her dad. She was trying to put a smile on her face since she had arrived here but I could clearly see that she was missing him a lot.

I wiped the tear from her face and pulled her into a tight hug. I couldn't see her like this. I would do anything to bring back her dad but that was practically not possible. "Sshh baby don't cry. It's okay" I say kissing on top of her head.

She pulled back from me quickly and wiped the tears off her face. "I'm okay Daniel. You need not worry. I don't want to be caught. My mom could walk in at any minute. We should probably go to sleep. I'll get new sheets for both of us" she says. Why does she need two sheets?

"Sheets for both of us?" I ask her lifting my eyebrows.

"Yeah! One for me and one for you. You'll be sleeping in my room and me in the other room" she says. What? No! It's been hardly two days since we've started sleeping in the same bed but I'm somewhat used to it. I can't sleep without her.

"You serious baby? I'm not sleeping without you next to me" I say crossing my hands.

"Daniel it's my mom's place and we can't sleep together. Try to understand" she says and walks out of the kitchen. I follow her to her room. I stand leaning on the door frame. She removes two sheets and blankets from the cupboard.

"Baby come on! Your mom's asleep. She won't even see us sleeping together" I say trying to convince her.

"No Daniel. We can't risk it" she says spreading the sheets and the blanket on the bed in which I was supposed to sleep. Without her! She walks to me collecting her blanket and sheet. She finally smiled looking up at me. Oh that smile! The smile which did things to my heart which no other girl ever did. She brings her hands up to stroke my cheeks gently. I just wonder standing there how far we had come since the day I met her in the cafeteria. Suddenly this girl who had shoved me away before had become my world now. She comes closer to me standing on her toes and gently kisses me. I kiss her back and wished she never stopped kissing me. The feel of her next to me made me go crazy. She pulled back and I was now disappointed because of the loss of her touch. "Good night Daniel" she says and walks out of the room.

I just put my head down shaking it. I get into the bed and cover myself with the blanket. Her mom was sleeping in a room downstairs. There were two more rooms upstairs which were now occupied by both of us. I tossed and turned around on the bed for next half hour. No! I couldn't do it. I couldn't sleep without her next to me. I could sneak into her room and sleep. She would be sleeping already and she wouldn't notice it. I pull myself up from the bed and walk to her room. I open the door and see that the lights were off. But I could still see her figure resting on the bed. I walk towards the bed slowly tiptoeing and hoping I wouldn't wake her up. I get into the bed pulling the blanket over me.

"Is it you Daniel?" She asks me. I halt my actions and turn my head towards her. She was still turned away from me. Did she really speak? Oh shit! I woke her up. She would send me away now. Damn! I smack myself mentally. She now turns around looking at me.

I finally speak saying "Umm.. Yeah! I couldn't sleep baby. I tried hard but I couldn't. I can't sleep without you next to me. I guess I'm just used to it. I'm sorry to wake you up." Great Daniel! Now you've to go back to the same bed and sleep alone.

"You didn't wake me up" she says and my attention shifts to her. She moves closer to me lying on my chest saying "I was thinking of coming to you." Did I hear her right? She said she wanted to come to sleep with me?

"What?" I ask her in disbelief. She lifts her head up so that she was now looking at me.

"Yeah! I guess I can't sleep without you either. I'm used to it too" she says smiling. A smile forms on my face after just realising the fact that she was crazy about me the same way I was.

"Come here" I say smiling and she comes closer to me kissing me tenderly on my lips. She breaks the kiss and again lies on my chest. I hug her with both my hands holding her tightly. "Go to sleep baby. Good night. I love you" I say kissing on her head.

"Good night baby. I love you too" she says snuggling more closer to me. This is what stunned me most of the time. I was never the kind of guy who cuddled with a girl in the bed. I would just cuddle with other girls just after having sex and once they were asleep I would push them away. We hadn't even had sex but still we couldn't resist each other. I guess this is how being in love feels. It felt great. I just smile at that thought and drift to sleep instantly.

_______________________________________