Chapter 8

Paige's POV

I finish my work and shut down my laptop. The time was 5. I had meet Daniel in the park right which was right in front of the office building. I take my handbag and my coat and leave the chamber. On my way down in the lift I wonder why he was interested in me so much? Even though he liked me, what did he see in me? I'm not that good looking either. Nothing compared to my friends Sofie and Katherine. They were really beautiful. I was nothing in front of them.

I enter the park and see Daniel sitting on one of the benches. He was looking at his phone. I walk towards the bench and sit on it maintaining distance between us. He looks up from the phone and at me. Those blue eyes will kill me one day. And his smile! Oh god his smile!

"Hey! I thought you wouldn't show up" he says. I look at him again and smile.

"I had told you I would come didn't I? I always keep my word" I say. He smiles at my diplomatic answer. He smiles in such a way that the smile reaches his eye. I had never smiled like that since many years.

"Very well then! Paige look I'm really sorry if I had done something to offend you this afternoon" he says. "I do stuff without my knowledge. I really don't know what I do. It really won't happen again I'm sorry" he says. He had got this genuine sorry face. But it was none of his fault.

"Daniel don't be sorry! I wasn't upset because you paid for my food. It was something else that was bothering me. You've nothing to be sorry for trust me. I'm fucked up" I say and put my head down.

"I would like to help you out if I knew what was bothering you. I don't wanna see you crying like that again. If I do something that offends you just tell it to me on face and I won't do that again. Okay?" He's searching for an answer in my face. The only thing that was going on and on in my mind was 'I don't wanna see you crying like that again'. "Paige?" He interrupts my thoughts.

"Okay" I smile at him. He smiles back. He extends his hands at me suddenly and I look at it.

"Friends then?" He asks. I just look at his hand. I'm not sure whether to take it or not. "Come on Paige I'm not gonna bite you. I'm not a cannibal" he laughs.

I laugh at his comment. I Take his hand and say "friends then". I smile. Again I didn't wanna take my hands away from his but I managed to pull it out.

"So does that mean you're not gonna hide or run away from me anymore?" He questions me.

"No!" I laugh.

"That's good. I'm not gonna let you run away either" he says. I just look at him with wide eyes. He gives his signature sexy grin again. I should get out of here.

"I guess I should leave. It's getting late" I say and get up from there. He was standing too now. I look at him one last time before leaving and say "I'll see you tomorrow at lunch then".

"Yeah I'll see you there" he says with a heart melting smile and with his hands in his pocket. I distract my thoughts and walk out of there into the parking lot.

Daniel's POV

I stand there watching her walking away. Trust me it takes too much courage to stay without touching her. She was really beautiful. I had dated many girls before but she was different. I was just attracted physically to those girls but with Paige it was different. I wanted her badly yeah! but at the same time I wanted to share all her sorrows. I never wanted to leave her side. This feeling was foreign for me.

I shake my head and laugh at myself. What had I turned to? What was she doing to me? I walk out of the park and head home.

Paige's POV

As soon as I reach home I call up kat. I wanted to tell her what happened. "Heeellllooo baby!" She says.

I laugh at her "babe are you free? Can you show up here now?" I ask.

"What's wrong Paige? Are you okay? You don't sound okay" she says. She could really guess what was wrong with me instantly.

"Don't worry kat I'm fine. Just come home please" I say.

"I'll be there in few minutes!" She says and hangs up. I decide to change before she shows up and go to my room.

We are sitting at my couch after an hour and I had told her everything that was going on since two days. "Paige don't you think you're restricting yourself a lot? Give him one chance. From what you said I feel he's very genuine" she says.

I just look down at my hands and say "I don't know kat! I'm not sure".

"I would have killed that Patrick if I was there when he did that to you! I hate him! You've lost trust in people just because of him! Everyone is not the same Paige" she says and lifts my chin up with her fingers. "Please do this for me Paige" she pleads me.

I smile and say "okay!"

"Now did you say he was hot? You have feelings for him huh?" She teases me winking her eye. I playfully hit on her hand.

"I'll prepare something to eat for us" I say and walk to the kitchen.

"You can't deny the fact you're attracted to him Paige! I can see it in your eyes." She shouts on top of her voice.

After a while kat shows up in the kitchen. She has my laptop in her hand. I wonder what she had to show now and continue cooking. "Soooo.." She says. I look up at her with a question mark in my face. "I might have found your sexy friend on Facebook" she says. I freeze for a minute and stop whatever I was doing. What? Really? She found him?

"Kat! Why are you doing this? Look I don't want anything serious with him. He's a good guy that's all. He's hot too. I have feelings for him but that doesn't mean he should have it too. So stop teasing me now!" I snap at her.

"Paige I've seen you happy after so many years you know that? If you do have feelings for him then what's wrong in accepting it? Okay let's say he doesn't have feelings for you, but you do! You confess it to him. He might say yes. You say he's a good guy and he's Nate's best friend!" She says.

"What? Are you out of your mind? I should confess my feelings to him? Yeah right! Like that's gonna happen. Even if I do why would he accept someone like me? He would go for someone hotter than me. Who the hell will be attracted to this?" I ask her pointing my body.

She comes next to me and smacks my head. My eyes go wide and I was like what the hell kat! Before I say something she speaks "actually you're the one who's out of your mind here! Paige! You're damn hot. You've got that perfect body for which I would die!" I just roll my eyes at her comment. "Everything in your body is inviting. You don't know that you idiot! How many guys have asked you out?" She questions me. I start counting mentally but she interrupts me again. "See you don't even have a proper count! Guys asked you out because you were not hot is it? Obviously they asked you out because you're ridiculously hot!" She snaps back at me!

"Chill girl! Fine I agree with you" I say to cool her down and terminate the conversation. She would kill me if I had said another word now. She was my best friend and obviously she wanted to make me feel good. She thought good about me too. I didn't have a perfect body. I wanted to lose some weight since few days but had no time to work out.

We both have dinner together and stalk his profile. He looked too hot in all of his pictures and I just thought he was way beyond my reach. After a while she leaves to her place. I clean the dishes and head to my bedroom.

While I lie on my bed my thoughts were wandering around him. I couldn't sleep. His warm hand, his smile, his eyes were all I could think of. I just wondered how would his lips feel against mine. I tried to picture it but I couldn't. Oh wait! Why was I horny? He makes me horny always!

I shut my eyes tightly to control my emotions and again his blue eye flashes. I open my eyes and sit up. I had gone crazy about this guy. I don't know what will happen to me? Will I be able to control myself around him? I've no idea. I fall back on the bed and drift to sleep.

Thanks for reading guys. Please do vote and comment😊✌