2. Aria

I was in my zone, listening to some old India Arie, and studying for a quiz I had in my next class. I suddenly felt a presence across from me I tried to ignore it but ended up looking up to catch eyes with Landon, Mr. I can make your bed rock; a nickname I'd heard some girls use referring to him. He was a beautiful man with just the perfect mix of hood and prep.

However, I wasn't interested in him. He was for everybody. I looked back down at my notes, not even acknowledging his presence.

I heard him chuckle, "damn," he started, "I couldn't even get a slight smile, a small hey?" I looked up, confused as to why he was even over here. He never talked to me a day in his life, but I didn't mean to come off rude so I gave a fake small smile, and went back to my notes.

He laughed, "Can I talk to you for a second?" I took my headphones out and put my pencil down and just looked at him, waiting for him to say whatever it was that he came over here to say. He had a small smile on his face, it was big enough to showcase his deep dimples, he reached his hand out to me, "I'm Landon."

I just looked at his hand with a slight smile, "I know who you are," I wanted him to get to the point.

He laughed, "can I get your name?" he licked his lips and looked me in my eyes.

"Aria" I replied dryly as I maintained eye contact. Now I'm not typically like this, I'm typically pretty friendly but I know what type of man he is, and I wasn't about to show the least bit of interest, I wasn't trying to give him the wrong idea. Unlike the majority of the girls walking around this cafe I was good on him. 

He smiled, and then looked like he was thinking, pulling his eyebrows together, "did I do something to you?"

I looked at him, confused, this called for me to pull my eyebrows together, "huh?" I asked.

"I mean, you're being real short with me, real dry."

I laughed, "I just don't understand why you're right here, asking my name and all. Sorry, not trying to be rude."

This caused him to liven back up, "Well Aria, maybe I'm trying to get to know you."

I laughed and rolled my eyes, "trying and get to know me? Or trying to get to know a way into my pants?"

I'd heard all about Landon, this nigga got more pussy than Jesus had followers. He was a savage, a hit it and quit it nigga. Never heard of the nigga being in a relationship or even just dealing with one girl. I wasn't interested in whatever he was trying to sell me, and I know he was trying to sell me something. There had to be a motive behind this.

He laughed, "whoa, see man, you can't believe everything you hear."

This made me laugh, instead of letting him know about the plethora of girls I'd heard about crying over him or the girls who loved to openly share their sex experiences that they had with him, I just got to the point "Landon, I'm not interested. Nice meeting you though." I gave him a heartfelt smile, and picked my pencil back up and began to put my headphones back in.

"Wait, wait," he said with his hand reached out, trying to stop me before I put my other headphone in. I looked up at him, waiting for him to finish.

He looked at me, smile forming on his face, showing those perfect white teeth. "Hear me out."

I rolled my eyes with a small smile, "go ahead."

"I know this shit seems random as hell," because it is I thought. "but at least give me a chance to get to know you. A chance for you to truly talk to me before you shoot me down completely."

I leaned back and crossed my arms, "why?" I asked as I leaned forward. There was nothing that stood out about me today, why was he approaching me all of sudden?