18. Aria

"I've been emotional as hell for no reason, I'm only twelve weeks. Like is this shit normal?" I was venting to Kennedy as she was doing my makeup.

She laughed, "bitch, I don't know. Why you say that? You been crying or real mad and shit?"

"Have I!? Mink and I were watching a show, and the guy did some shady ass shit, had me pissed like it was me, then turned around and did some sweet ass shit for the girl and I busted into tears. Mink looked at me like I was crazy as hell. And I felt crazy as hell."

Kennedy laughed, "cause your ass is crazy. Google it. It's probably normal. Your hormones probably all out of balance and stuff because of the baby."

"Okay, I'm done." she said as she backed up allowing me to look at myself, "Vinnie asked about you." She continued as she looked me over in the mirror.

I turned and looked at her, "did he?" Vinnie and I had slowly mutually fell off. We texted for a little bit after the date we went on, but then just stopped altogether.

"Yeah, he asked how you were." I nodded my head as I got up to plug in my flat iron.

"When did you see him?" I asked as I turned the flat iron on, adjusting it to the temperature I wanted.

"He stopped by Jon's the other night."

I looked at her with a smile on my face, "y'all might as well date with how much time you two spend together."

She smiled, turning her head. "It's coming, trust me."

"I'm here for it, but wait," I thought for a second,  "you need to stop dealing Chris." I stated matter of factly. She rolled her eyes, "we ain't fucking or nothing Aria, we just cool as hell."

I rolled my eyes back. "Does Jon know you hanging with a nigga you use to fuck regularly?" She crossed her arms and leaned again the door, "okay Landon number two."

I looked at her like she was stupid for calling me that before I responded. "Don't ever call me that. But I'm happy someone checking your ass on it."

She rolled her eyes again, if she kept on they were going to get stuck. "Well he doesn't know. Because it's not relevant, dropping that subject, what happen with you and Vinnie though?"

I let it go as I shrugged my shoulders, "nothing really, we just slowly stopped talking, nothing personal."

"Well, tell me about this Jason guy you getting all cute for." She said with a smile. I chuckled as I placed my hand a little above the flat iron to check the heat, "he was my neighbor growing up, when I went home after I found out I was pregnant we just kind of linked up, and kind of been texting and talking a little here and there. Nothing serious."

"That's cute," she said with a smile, "he know you pregnant?" I picked up the flat iron, using it to put some curls in my hair. "No."

"Well are you going to tell him?"

I sighed, "I mean, yeah. He has a three year old daughter himself."

"Oh, y'all trying to be on some blended family shit."

"Who even said we were going to be together? We're just going to get food." Kennedy gave me a yeah right look, "you getting real dolled up for someone you just trying to be friends with. You don't get cute for me like that." I laughed, she had a point.

--

I sighed as I looked down at my ringing phone seeing Landon's name across the screen. I was driving, heading to meet Jason and I didn't feel like talking to Landon. "You chose to keep this baby which means you chose to have to deal with him." I said to myself before answering the phone. "Hello?"