21. Landon

3 MONTHS LATER

"Nigga you good?" Jodie questioned as he sat beside me on the couch. I nodded my head yeah as I continued to scroll through Instagram on my phone.

"You sure?" He asked again and I simply nodded my head again, he let the conversation go as he focused on the TV.

I'd been in a funk the past couple of weeks and everybody knew that shit. Wasn't shit going how I wanted it to in my life at the moment and I wasn't used to the shit.

After Aria and I's little disagreement I just knew she would come around, but she didn't and that just further bothered me. We really only talk when it concerns the baby. I just knew we would be good by now. I still tried but was definitely doing me.

I was fucking girls I ain't have no business fucking and part of me blames it on Aria. Call it childish, stupid, whatever. The other part of me know I'm just being immature with how I'm handling shit. But it is what it is. I was really about to try and do right by that girl. That's the problem, as soon as we try to act right girls want to up and be done or do some stupid shit. Off that tangent though.

"Nigga, you gotta get out of this funk." Jodie spoke again as he looked over at me. "I don't know what the fuck your problem is but it's time to let shit go, whether it was that fuck shit with Giselle or the Aria shit, man let it go and focus on that beautiful baby girl y'all about to have." Giselle was a girl I started fucking with who did some foul ass shit, I didn't even want to think about that shit but I knew he had a valid point.

I was excited to be having a little girl, Aria and I found out what she was having about a month ago, she was now seven months and the belly was popping out like crazy. The shit was cute on her. I was hype as hell though, that was the one thing that kept a nigga going.

"You coming out with us tonight." Jodie pulled me out of my thoughts, he had his eyes focused on the TV, flipping through channels.

I looked over at Jodie for the first time, "where?"

"We just hitting a bar, one of my niggas coming this way so we getting up."

"Who?"

He smacked his teeth, "you don't know the nigga. His name Jason."

I nodded my head, "bet, I'll come." I needed to get out.

"Nigga, you ain't have a choice. If me and Chris had to drag you out we were going to," he said with a laugh.

———

"This my shit! Aye, you remember when we tagged team them bitches to this song?" Chris yelled over the music as we headed to the bar.

I smiled, thinking of all the crazy shit we use to get into, "hell yeah."

"Y'all hell," Jodie said with a shake of his head and a smile on his face, he didn't participate in that but Jodie had done his fair share of wild shit too.

"Mannnn, I had shawty screaming so loud." Chris bragged.

"Nigga, that's cause you was hurting her," I chimed in, "that girl was in pain she ain't like that shit."

Jodie busted out laughing as Chris turned and looked at me, "fuck you nigga" he said with a laugh "your hating ass."

"I'm just stating facts, she said I was way better." I smiled as he flicked me off.  We were pulling up to Sands, and could easily see it was getting a little packed. It was a popular bar for a little bit of an older crowd, always had good drink specials and shit though.

"Let me see if this nigga here," Jodie said as he parked the car and pulled out his phone.

"You know the nigga?" I asked Chris while Jodie was on the phone. Chris shook his head no. "I'm just here to get drunk, and pull some bitches." I shook my head, typically Chris.