32. Landon

"You okay babe?" Ashley questioned as she laid beside me. We had another full day today I took her to the zoo since she had been hinting at it for a minute and she was excited like a little ass kid. I never went on so many dates with someone like I did with Ashley, and truth be told I honestly enjoyed spending time with her. I rarely got tired of her.

I turned and looked at her, knowing my mind was elsewhere though. "Yeah, why?"

"You seem zoned out, I've been talking to you and you've literally said nothing back."

"Shit baby, I'm sorry. What were you saying?" She shook her head, letting me know she wasn't about to repeat it with a roll of her eyes.

"How's Ava been?" She questioned instead, knowing I would be tuned into that question. I was always ready to show somebody pictures of my baby or talk about her. I could be biased, but she was beautiful as fuck.

Today was the first day I hadn't been by to see her because Ashley and I were out all day, that shit didn't sit right with me. "Damn, I ain't even seen her today." I let out as I pulled my phone out ready to call Aria. "I'm going to head over there and see her matter of fact." I told Ashley as I pressed call on Aria's contact and put it to my ear.

She answered around the third ring as I let her know I was heading her way to see Ava. She gave me a quick okay and we ended the call. Ashely sat staring at me as I stood up, "what's up?" I asked as I threw on my shoes.

"It's nine o'clock and you bout to go over there? Don't she be sleep?" I shrugged, "she might be, she might not be. Either way I'm going to see her."

"Why can't I ever come?" She questioned throwing a loophole in the conversation. "I didn't know you wanted to." I answered honestly as I grabbed my keys off her dresser. "You've never asked me." She rebutted.

"Why would I ask you to come with me to see my child at her mothers? Y'all barely know each other. That shit would be awkward for both of y'all. If you want to see Ava that's fine, I'll have that conversation with Aria."

"She's your child too, what conversation is there to have?"

"A conversation making sure she's fine with it Ashley."

"And if she's not?" I shrugged my shoulders, "then I guess we waiting." She didn't like that response it was clear in her facial expression, but Ava wasn't even three months and Ashley and I hadn't been together super long, so by putting myself in Aria's shoes, I wouldn't be mad if she did want to wait. "And if she's never ready?" She fired back.

I laughed, "Ashley that won't happen, Aria not like that. Chill out." I gave her a kiss on her forehead, deading the conversation and then made my way out. I knew she wasn't happy with how the conversation ended and if she had it her way we would still be talking about it but it was getting late and I was hoping to catch my baby awake before she slept for another twelve hours.

I walked into Aria breastfeeding Ava in the rocking chair. "She up?" I questioned, she looked down at her and nodded. "She just woke up, so you might have a little time to play and talk to her before she's out again."

I smiled, that's exactly what I wanted, Aria finished feeding her before handing her to me to burp, the doctor said that since she was breastfed she probably wouldn't burp as much but we always tried. "Hi daddy's baby." I cooed as I took her from Aria.

I patted her back waiting for a possible burp as I took Aria in. She had her hair in flat twist which meant she would be wearing a twist out tomorrow, something I learned over the past few weeks. She wore some spandex shorts and a tank top with some fuzzy grey and white stripped socks. Definitely looking like she was ready for bed almost. As simple as she looked her natural beauty shined through. I tore my eyes away from her knowing whatever shit I had going on that was sparking my interest in her once again needed to die down.