You Can't Have Me Anymore Chapter 17

• Dedicated to Megan Tan Ming Zhen

On with the story! Enjoy!! Pic of Nicholas on the side---->

0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Nicholas's POV

The smell was intoxicating. I took deep breaths, trying to get more of it as I stood outside Alpha Blake's door. He just came back from France and will be helping to train our wolves to fight in case the rogues decided to attack us. The smell of vanilla overpowered my senses as I looked for the source of it.

"Nicholas baby!!! What are you sniffing for? Is it me that smells nice? And will they ever open the door?" Shelby whined beside me. She had went back to normal a few days after I almost killed her, acting as if nothing had happened.

"Would you just shut up and be patient?!" My beta, George, growled. He never liked Shelby; always picking fights with her.

"Shut the hell up, both of you!" I growled.

Just then the smell got stronger. I've never felt something as strong as this ever since Felicity left. Thinking of her makes my heart ache a bit, but I know I will never be able to find her again. She may be lost, killed, or joined some random pack. Hell, she may even be a rogue right now. And dad's reasons for not being able to mate her...they were valid too. But it was her parents fault, not hers.

The front door opened, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Hi-" The smile on the girl's face dropped as recognition flashed in her eyes. I scanned her up and down. Her long silky-looking black hair hung down her back, stopping just around the middle of her back. Her shirt was tight, hugging her curves. Her breast was round and firm and they looked real, not like Shelby's. Her shorts showed off her long tanned legs. When I looked up at her face again, her piercing green eyes were cold and her full pinkish-reddish lips were pursed in a thin, hard line. In the midst of the coldness in her eyes there were anger, hate and maybe even betrayal? I don't know. But I do most definitely know that the smell was coming from her and my wolf is going crazy in me. I don't recognize her though.

"Are you ever going to let us in?! It's so hot out here!" Shelby, who was clinging onto my arm. The girl at the door turned to look at her. This time the anger and hatred dominated her eyes as she growled lowly at Shelby, flashing her fangs at her. Her green eyes started to have a tint of red in them, but it was too little for me to really confirm it. I felt Shelby cower into my body, making the girl growl more. I was shocked. Why does she have such a huge reaction towards Shelby? I can even feel the anger rolling off her in waves. And I think I also detected a bit of jealousy.

"Felicity! Quit being so hostile towards our guest!" A male voice called out. Wait. Hold on a second. Did he just called the sexy piece of meat standing in front of me 'Felicity'?! Cannot be! she was long gone already! I must be hearing things. Gotta get my ear checked once this crap is over. But there may be other Felicity-s in the world, so she may not be the particular Felicity.

The Felicity at the door turned around and stalked into the house without inviting us in. Somewhere from inside we heard the man say something like "You promised", making me confused. The guy finally came out of the house, standing in front of us. "You must be Alpha Nicholas. I am Alpha Blake. Nice to meet you." I heard someone scoff inside the house, making Alpha Blake growl. "I apologize on the behalf of my pack member's rude behavior though she has her reasons." Alpha Blake explained. Then I heard the girl say, "Like you need to explain to him, Alpha Blake. He does not deserve it." I growled at her, along with a few other pack members. Who the hell is she to be so rude to me?!

I heard a snarl back in reply and some guy soothing the girl. Crazy bitch. "Please, come in and ignore her." Alpha Blake invited us in. "Finally." I heard Shelby mutter. We walked to the living room as I admired the place. The interior of the house was decorated with photos on the walls. The colours were warm, making us feel homey. It was quite spacious too.