My Brother?

When I had made it home, I had to sit down and take a second to breath. My dad set his scythe aside and sat in the chair across from me. I looked at him with a shocked face.

"W-who was that dad?" I stuttered. My dad sighed as he looked down. Something doesn't feel right at all. None of this feels right. AND THAT GUY. WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS. UGH. My dad looked back up and started to speak.

"You wonder who that young man was?" I nodded and sat up straight. My dad got up and went to our bookshelf. I watched as he sat back down and opened up what looked to be a photo album. In the album he flipped to a page that had a photo of me and an older child. The child was wearing a red sweater and had his bangs pinned up. His right eye was pitch black, but the other was a dull golden. The child was holding me and dad was behind us.

"Does this picture look familiar Zian?" My dad asked pointing to the picture. The people in the picture are familiar, but the moment of the picture doesn't ring a bell.

"N-no I don't. What does this have to do with the guy who attacked me?" I asked, confused.

"I didn't think you would of remembered this moment. And that's ok Zian." My dad spoke quietly. I didn't understand any of this. What was going on everything was fine until tonight.

"Zian." My dad spoke snapping me out of my trance.

"Y-yeah?" I responded. My dad closed the book and set it aside.

"Zian that man was...That man was your brother." When I heard those words come out of his mouth, my jaw dropped. I had no words. none. zip. I didn't know what to think. I had so many questions.

"If he's my brother, why didn't I know about him." I asked tears forming in my eyes.

"Zian I wish I could explain this to you, but I can't," My dad said in almost a whisper.

"AND WHY CAN'T YOU. WHY WASN'T I TOLD I HAVE A BROTHER? WHY IS HE NOT HERE? WHY IS HE TRYING TO KILL ME?" I started to yell as tears rolled down my cheeks like waterfalls. I stood up and ran to my room not letting my dad say another word to me. I curled up onto my bed and wrapped myself in the covers falling asleep. I woke up to my phone going off. I grabbed my phone and answered it.

"hello?" I said half asleep.

"Hello lil brother," I snapped awake when I heard those words. I quickly responded.

"Who is this and how did you get my number?" The phone went silent for a moment before the person responded.

"I know some people," The person said not answering my other question. I growled into the phone.

"Haha your so feisty. I like that," The person laughed. I was so angry for multiple reasons.

"What do you want?" I asked as the person quickly answered.

"I want to talk that's all," He said sincerely.

"Fine when and where?" I sighed. They told me the place to meet them and that they wanted to meet tomorrow. I set my phone back on my nightstand and went back to sleep hoping that this was all just a dream.