06

Danny's POV

I walked out of the simple bathroom to the door. My hand touched a cold silver doorknob. I twisted it and walked out of the room.

I walked down the hall my nerves growing with every step I took. I want to disappear.

I could've been searching for a job right now. I feel like laughing at the idea of me getting a job.

I kept walking till I found the staircase. This wasn't like any kind of staircase. It was grande; it was the kind that could take your breath away.

I pressed my fingers along the railing. I took a sharp breath as I walked down. I felt like a princess.

I lifted my chest and smiled. I felt proud for one second and for some reason that was enough.

Being proud is a weird thing. There is this sensation of everything is going alright; it's like you want people to see you and your success.

For awhile I felt amazing till I hit the bottom of the stairs. The feeling of having a tiara on my head was gone.

My doubts are back, memories of my dad are back, and the knowledge of being in the most dangerous mans house comes back.

Why does my life suck so much?

I see the kitchen. I must have come here a different way then before with Liam.

There's an older lady with her eyes closed humming by the sink. She was thin with a short hair cut. She looked like she used to be a beautiful, happy girl but life tore her down.

"Um, hello" I said quieter than I expected. She opened her eyes and looked at me. It took her a second to register who I was.

"You must be Daniella" she said. I'm trying to recall what her name was, I'm pretty sure Liam told me it. Betty! At least I think.

"Yeah" I answered Betty.

"Well, nobody told me you were this gorgeous" she said making me blush.

She smiled at my reaction. It was a smile like no other, it was genuine.

You know those people with those smiles that make your heart feel full. Those smiles that make you feel special, they make you feel like you're loved, even though the horrors you've been through.

That's the kind of smile she had; it reminded me of my mothers smile. Her smile was one of a kind.

"Thank you" I said my heart feeling full.

The one thing you can do to lift anyone's spirits is give them a compliment. I promise it'll help them in one way or another, it can change their day or life around.

"Your welcome, shall we start"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Thanks so much for reading it means so much! Please comment! You don't need to comment on mine but comment on others books. That's what will make them smile. Comment on unknown authors!

Goodbye fellow pizza lovers
- FairlynnA your awkward cookie