17

Danny's POV

"Common Liam just let me" I whined as I handed the cashier the money. I have some more to spend since I got my paycheck.

Oh yeah! This girl has an almost steady income. And I paid for my friends lunch so this is what I call getting somewhere. I haven't seen my father, or my ex. And I'm guessing they haven't found me or even tried to find me yet.

I have two amazing best friends. One who has my back and would do anything for me. And I would do anything for her. She makes me smile and make me feel good about myself. Andrea is the girl I go to.

Liam is the one that makes my side hurt from laughing and gave me the best hugs. He made me expand my horizons. I'm happy when I'm with him.

The only default of having these two amazing friends is they hate each other. I don't know why but I really want to find out.

I want to know why Rea immediately rolls her eyes when I say his name. Why Liam shuts me down when I ask if Rea can come answering with, she probably doesn't want to, or I think she's working.

Me and we'll got back into the car. I threw my hair up into a ponytail since my hair was totally bugging me. A smile reached my face as I looked out the window and we drove past the tall buildings creating a concrete jungle. I was thinking about my life before running away from the house, the one I called home.

Liam pulled up into the house. It reminded me of a gang hub. People from everywhere, it feels like, come here. The gang spreads across the world. Xavier owns slash leads one of the biggest gangs in the world and I have no idea how he could do that.

I just met a man who lived in Italy. How cool is that! Liam and me walked in, I raised my eyes to see Betty approaching us. "Oh Danny your back, come in dear" she laid a hand my back, slightly pushing me. "I'm  leaving to go shopping with some friends so could you please make some cookies" I lifted my eyebrow at the moment she said friends.

"Yeah I'll make them" Betty nodded and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. She left me to

"I guess you have some cookies to make" Liam winked and waved goodbye. I sighed with a bubbly laugh.

"Okay Danny where is the recipe" I whispered to myself.

I opened one of the cabinets that I thought I saw  Betty pull a recipe book out of. I skimmed my fingers across the books feeling the weathering spines on the tips of my fingers. My hand grazed the dessert cookbook, I quickly snatched it and laid it on the marble countertop.

I flipped through the pages to find chocolate chip cookies. I skimmed through the ingredients and pulled them out.

I hummed as a started mixing the liquid ingredients. I watched a young girl with olive skin, freckles spotting her cheeks. Her black hair was up in a messy ponytail. She was about the age of twelve. She came in with her mom. She ran across the room and sprinted outside. Her mother chuckled and walked after her.

I remember when me and my mom would go to the park.  She would have my small hand in hers to make sure the bubbling curiosity wouldn't take me where I shouldn't go. It became a ritual to go to the park every Saturday when the sun would rise in the morning we would walk over to Ravin Park.

On a cool august day we walked down the small town streets. I saw a monarch float across my left. It landed on a wild daisy, I looked up to my smiling mother. We walked over to it, she slowly squatted down and brought her finger to the delicate butterfly. She held the butterfly and gently lowered it so it was in my gaze.

"Careful, Daniella, you don't want to scare it" My eyes shifted to my mothers vibrant blue eyes. Her face wore a caring smile, the one that I loved. The monarch flew away, a man in dark blue suit scared away by talking to my mom. "

"Genevieve" The man said. His voice was hostile but quite.  My mother looked at him with confidence. I squeezed her hand make sure I had a firm grip.  

"Maddox" My mother gazed at his eyes. She looked like she was about to kill him. "Don't come here, especially when I'm with my daughter" her eyes directed towards me.

"I need to warn you to be careful, Draven sent me" She gulped her hand squeezed mine.

"We must be on our way" she tugged me.

"Bye" I said and waved to him. I slight smile painted on his serious face. He waved to me and walked away.

It has irked me to think of what he meant about being careful. Why would my mom be in danger? It never made any sense.

I finished making the dough now I need to add some chocolate chips. I glanced to the main entry to see Xavier he was shaking his hand with a scrawny looking guy. The scrawny guy left and Xavier walked towards the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" His mighty voice said.

"Making cookies" I motioned towards the dough.

"Put different chocolate chips in it" I looked up surprised by Xavier's words. Who knew he could have a sweet tooth?

"Like what kinds?" I asked peering at his strong frame. he walked over to the drawer full of nuts, chocolates, and a assortment of other toppings and ingredients.  He picked up four bags and set them on the counter top. He then picked them all up,  and brought all the chocolates over to me. "I didn't know that The Xavier Costello had such a sweet tooth" I teased.

"Doesn't everyone love desserts?"

"Of course desserts are a serious matter" I pretended to be serious and business like. It quickly failed because I immediately laughed.

"Yes the are Ms. Rosetta" he said with a smile, playing along with the joke. His smile made me blush, it was that stunning.

I finished making the dough and started putting on the tray. Xavier was leaning against the wall texting on his phone. He was totally engrossed in what he was reading.

"Are you going to Andy's party" I asked suddenly. He looked up from his phone and into my eyes. I studied his eyes for a moment. They were a beautiful brown, they looked so warm but at the same time so enduring and chilling.

"Yes" his response made slightly smile.

This party will be most definitely interesting.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey guys! This is a four update, yeah I know pretty awesome. I bet you're thinking how could, yours truly, write this much? I have no idea to be honest. Thank you guys so much getting me up to 68k reads, it's mind boggling. Also 200 followers, thank you so much. 

See you in a bit fellow pizza lovers
FairlynnA your awkward cookie