13

Danny's POV
"Danny are you ready?" Rea yelled from the bathroom where she was changing. I was putting on my dress getting ready for the party thing. Rea was getting ready with me. We found out we wear the same size clothes. So she lended me her most modest dress.

We are getting ready now and goodness the whole house or mansion is getting ready. All the important people are all dress up and anticipating to go.

Andrea said she will walk me through who is important and how the gang works. I've heard of this gang but I've never thought it was real. Like any normal person nobody thinks gangs and mobs are real they just seem too fictional.

"I think I'm ready" I smoothed out my dress and stood up. I grabbed my purse that Rea lent me. I walked over to the bathroom and peeked in I saw Andrea looking at herself and playing with her hair.

"Are you okay?" I crossed my arms and leaned against the door frame. 

"Yeah, I'm just deciding what my hairstyle will be" she turned to me and shrugged. "I want my hair up because it feels better that way but I like it down to show it off.

"You could do half up hslf down?" I walked in and pressed my hands on the cold countertop.

"Yeah I guess." I pushed myself up on the table and leaned against the wall. I played with the end of my red dress. "Are you nervous or something Ella?" Rea looked at me in the eyes. It was the kind of stare that it feels like they're looking into your soul.

"Kind of, I don't really belong here." She raised her eyebrows at my answer. "It's just I'm the type of girl that goes to fancy parties, hiding a gun in her pocket" I laugh "It's too badass"

"You know most of us are afraid and are doing these things to survive" she looked down and then grabbed my hand. "Nobody's going to hurt you"

"Thanks" I hoped down of the sink and gave her a hug.

"Here's some pepper spray just in case" she hands me a black bottle. "You never know." We walk out of the bathroom and into her room. I picked up my phone that sat on Rea's bed and slid it into my purse next to the pepper spray.

Rea put on her shoes that we're tall black pumps and she almost tipped. "Who's clumsy now?" I laugh as she clutched her wooden dresser.

"Still you" Rea said and gave me a playful punch and lead the way to where everybody was supposed to meet. Supposedly we all are leaving in limousines. Okay that's like really cool.

We make our way down the stairs and I feel like a princess again. Me and Rea glide down the stairs. I hung my head low but Rea, she held hers high. Confidence is a beautiful thing. 

I looked down at the cluster of people. There was about twenty five guys in suits all talking and holding drinks. There were these beautiful women in these amazing dresses. They all were so fierce and looked so strong, powerful.

I looked to Rea, I was hoping she would give me those reassuring smiles she's so good at. I scanned the room looking for Liam, okay yeah I am looking for Xavier.

"You do know he comes down last, right?" I made an O face at Reas comment.

"Weren't you going to explain this whole gang thing to me?" I lifted my eyebrows at Rea.

"Okay, so I'll start off with the basics. We have our leader, which pretty much like our CEO. That as you might guess is Xavier. Then we have like our second-hand-man. You can think of him like the Vice President. Then it's like a line down of all the people in the gang. Almost always you have a superior. Then we have the servants and people we pay like our private doctors and stuff." By the time Rea finished we were sitting down on the staircase.

"Okay I kinda get it but how do you guys make money" my question hung I the air for a minuet.

"We sell drugs and weapons. We also make threats to companies" I dropped my jaw as she said that stuff.

"What kind of threats?" I asked biting my cheek.

"If they are dirty business men we find out the immoral stuff and hold it above them."

"Oh, what is this then?" I asked and waved my had motioning towards this weird party were about to go to.

"It's where we make threats to other gangs and offer deals, it's basically where everyone goes to gloat about there fortunes and successes." She shrugged as she answered another one of my relaying questions.

"Is there going to be food?" I really do hope because I didn't have lunch.

"Uh yeah, why else would we be going" she laughed and high fives me.

I turned to see Xavier walking in. People kept nodding there heads and saying Mr. Costello. Damn, he sure is hot. But no matter how hot he was, he could kill me.

The air felt stiffer as if we were all realizing that we all were on thin ice. I never actually took to mind how many of these people could have the same looming threat as me.

I don't know why I said yes to this. If I made one wrong move it'll be the last move I'll ever do. I don't know if it's cause of him killing me but I think he's intriguing. Something about him makes me want to know more. What's his back story, who does he love and would take a bullet for, what's his greatest fear and why is that? Even the easy questions like what's his favorite song or the song that makes him gag?And the basic question was what he thought about McDonalds fries?

All these questions probably would never be answered. I don't expect them to.

I looked up to meet the eyes of the man who raised my heart beat and made me want ask all the questions not normal people would ask.

"Hello Xavier" I bit my check. The obvious awkwardness was suffocating.

"Daniella" he nodded. What's with the nodding.

"What do you think about McDonald's fries?"
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Guess who's not dead. It's not me because I'm dead inside but who is not dead is my writers block. I finally thought of words.

Goodbye fellow pizza lovers
-FairlynnA your awkward cookie