23

danny's pov

danny's pov

I grabbed my curling iron and began styling my brunette locks. I finished and put on my light pink lipstick while looking into the mirror. I've been feeling more confident lately and it was bringing me some happiness.

I grabbed my phone and looked at the text from Xavier again, he had arranged for us to have a first date which he said would consist of going over the rules.

I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled, happy with what I did. I have been watching makeup videos recently and I've been learning a lot about the cool things that makeup artists do.

I walked out of my bedroom and down to the foyer. There was a couple of people hanging out talking to one another, I scanned the room for Xavier. It's usually wasn't hard to find him since you just know that he is the leader of everyone else by the way they act.

I saw Xavier walk into the room, he immediately noticed me, he made his way over to me and then put his hand on my upper back. I took a deep breath, shuttering at his soft touch.

"Hey, so are we going somewhere fancy, cause I just have jeans on and I don't really want to be under dressed." I told him, my outfit consisted of a black blouse with small white flowers as a cute pattern and my favorite jeans that were a hand me downs from Rea.

"No, just a restaurant." I nodded, probably going to Olive Garden or something. "Come this way, someone brought my car up."

We walked out to the front of the house, I was nervous, I shouldn't be this is all fake, made up, a ruse to repay Xavier. I sat down in the passengers seat of the navy BMW. 

He fiddled with the radio before finally putting it on some hip hop channel, I relaxed in my seat and watched the cars go by as it was nearing sundown. 

I noticed a small sound coming from Xavier as he was singing the words to the song that was playing. I couldn't help but let a small smile creep to my face, I wonder what job Xavier would have if he wasn't running a gang. He probably would be a normal boy going to collage and studying. 

I wonder where I would be if I wasn't handed the cards that where dealt to me. I've always wanted to be a art teacher, probably due to the fact that the one i had in high school was so kind

But what I got, what I did, and what happened i always thought i deserved. I deserved those things because i was selfish. I know its bad to think that way especially since I have been feeling better mentally, but I know that I did deserve what Eric and my father did to hurt me. Every time I felt pain I was paying the price, and I deserved that.

I feel like I'm in a dream, like I'm in some sort of place where I get a break a time to take a breath. But it will all be over, so i have to take it in as much as I can.

The car came to a halt and I looked around and saw a restaurant, it wasn't a chain but it looked a little expensive.

We entered the pretty restaurant and the hostess took us to our seats. I ordered a sprite and Xavier asked for a water. "So Daniella, this whole thing will be very simple as long as we follow some rules"

"Okay, but how long will we have to keep this whole thing going?"

"Just till I know the men I'm dealing with have trust that I am ready for commitment and a trust able enough to have a steady girlfriend." I nodded, that cant be too long.

"So what do we need to do? You know to keep this thing all, i don't know, believable?" I asked.

"Its all in our actions, if people see a flirty but not too touchy couple they believe everything is going great. But if a couple is too touchy they see some force in it and they see a couple who is trying too push through it and for a non flirty couple you can guess what happens then."

I smiled, "Yeah," I took a small sip of my sprite, "so whats the plan then?"

"We are gonna act like love birds, slowly though." He scratched the back of his neck, "I'm not the most open person so it wont be realistic if we both get together quickly."

"Yeah same for me, I'm not exactly a open book either." I admitted.

"Well we all have skeletons and stories in our closet." For a moment I saw some type of vulnerability in Xavier, I didn't think he was incapable of it i just never thought I'd be the one to see it. 

There's been crazier things.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

you guys are seriously the best readers, i never update and

 im so sorry about that, i promise I'll get better.

I typed this all up on a computer so sorry about the formatting.

goodbye fellow pizza lovers

-fairlynna your awkward cookie