21

Danny's POV

I was sitting on Rea's bed, my back resting on the back board. I slightly lifted my shirt up, exposing my belly. Before I came here I was skin and bones. Now my stomach is plump and a little round. There used to be a bruise where my father had hurt me but now it was disappearing. It made me happy and grateful.

I thought about the night of the party, and why I forgot everything.

"I think Xavier drugged me" I said, my voice incoherent.

"What did you say" Rea came out of her bathroom brushing her teeth, she had a hand on her hip. We decided to have a little sleepover.

"I think Xavier drugged me" I wearily said louder.

"I highly doubt that" She gave me a pointed look.

"Well how do explain me forgetting everything when I got to the club"

She walked back out from the bathroom and started tying her hair into a top knot while she talked. "I know the wheels are turning in your brain, but it could of been somebody else that roofied you."

"That might be true, but what if he did" she slid into the bed.

"Move over," she giggled. "But Ella, he can't have done that, he's not that bad of a guy"

"Yeah I guess" I yawned and got comfortable.

"Lets go to bed" she closed her eyes and so I did same, letting sleep encapsulate me.

•••

I had created a small plan in my mind. I was pretty afraid to execute it but I know I have to do it to have peace with myself.

My mind fought my body as I walked up to Xavier's office. I know he probably deny it but I can't help but wonder.

If I think about it, he probably didn't do anything. Oh whatever, it doesn't hurt to ask.

My slightly sweaty hand pushed the black wooden door open. I bit the inside of my cheek, I knew there is probably guards on the other side of this door.

"Miss you shouldn't be in here." Said a really tall black guy. He was hot, okay that sounds shallow but he was super hot.

"Sorry but I need to talk to Xavier" I hope he lets me through.

"Name?" He asked.

"Danny Rosetta" I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Hmmm" he looked me up and down making sure I wasn't holding any weapons. "I guess you can enter."

I stepped into his office, it was still bone chilling perfect. "Danny, what do you want?" I heard Xavier's voice say.

"I need to ask you a question"

"Go ahead" he leaned back against his chair.

"Okay do you know who drugged me?" I asked, "was it you?"

"What are talking about Danny?" His face showed he was hurt by my words, I instantly regretted them. "I would never do that to you, you think I would put you in danger?"

"I don't know, you said you would kill me?" I meekly spoke.

"That was when I thought you were a mole" he exasperated.

"Oh" I had no words, so he actually isn't going to kill me. I have nothing to be worried about?

"I did not drug you, to be clear" he stood up "I actually saved you from the man who did drug you, you were about to walk in his car when I punched his pervy ass"

"I'm sorry for accusing you" I apologized. "And uh thank you"

He walked up to me and lifted my chin with his finger. "My pleasure" his minty breath fanned out. My eyes searched his, I was looking for an answer to a question he could never answer.

Does he care about me?

"I should go" my words ruined the electric moment. His hand fell and I took small steps back before turning around walking out the door and running down the halls.

What was that? My heart was beating a mile a minute. Then my phone buzzed, ever since the text from Eric I've been jumpy when it comes to my phone.

Eric hurt me in ways I can barely describe. If you ever fell in love with someone you know how it feels to put your heart out there. You trust them, you show them sides of you that you wouldn't dare to tell to strangers.

I had that with Eric, but it was a one side romance for me. In the beginning he was nice to me, he would grab my books for me in the hall and walk me to my next class. He would listen to me speak about my father, and how he treated me.

He was so sweet and kind but I later learned that it really was all a act. He didn't really care what was going to happen to me. It was all a dare between his friends, if he could get the beat up girl to fall for him. But he didn't stop after the dare was won.

He kept hurting me. My dad later found out about what Eric had been doing. If I had a normal life, my dad would be angry or threaten to sue. Unfortunately, I did not have such a nice life. I had the opposite, my dad wanted to meet him.

Dad said he had to set boundaries. I was like a pet to them. My father told Eric, we could have sex as long as we were safe, because he wouldn't want more of me.

I was afraid for my life, Eric and my dad started beating me together. And my dad would say, close to my face "he will be the only one who loves you"

My eyes glassed over at the thought of that time. I wished so much that my life was easy when I was younger. I couldn't help but think it was my fault for everything.

I was the one who was charmed by Eric. I was the one who my mom was driving to. It was all because of me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hope you enjoyed! I just wanted to say thank you for all the views it means so much to me that people actually enjoy my writing. Every single person who comments, I read it and a smile crosses my face. You each deserve a bouquet of flowers and a box of cookies. And since I can't give that to you I will virtually, hope you enjoy the cookies and the flowers my beautiful darlings

Goodbye fellow pizza lovers
- FairlynnA your awkward cookie