Chapter 22.

-Jeon Jungkook-
🎭

{Chapter 22: Family love.}

-

It's been a week since Taehyung told me everything about the letters. Thanksgiving is today and he invited me over to meet his mother and
step-dad. He said he would feel uncomfortable being just with them and no one else. I didn't blame him his mother didn't seem that friendly. Seeing as he now sported a scar on his bronze cheek.

Upon walking into the room I was greeted by his mother who was dressed in a wine colored dress with white heels. She gave me a fake smile before leading me over to where Taehyung stood in a cream sweater and light blue jeans. I saw taehyungs eyes roll upon seeing her before he grabbed my hand leading me to the table, I sat next to him fiddling with my marron button up shirt.

"Ah Taehyungs told me so much about you Jungkook, he told me you play soccer." A man with a white button up said sitting at the head of the table,I could feel my whole body tense up knowing he was talking to me.

"Yes sir, I do. I plan to play soccer professionaly. A couple of scouts have been looking at me lately." I replied with a smile placed on my face Taehyungs hand slipped into mine.

"That's amazing! I used to play soccer back in my day, Taehyung told me once that he plans to be a doctor."

"I would like to save peoples life's during an emergency..." Taehyung said making me to turn to face
him, he had a grim smile on his face. I heard a click of heels and saw his mother rolling in a metal cart full of food, she placed everything on the table putting the turkey into the center. She took the wine on the table pouring it into the mans glass and her own, a fake smile was on her lips yet again causing me to have a  nervous feeling.

"Thank you for the dinner Mrs.Lee"

There was a clink of a fork being placed down onto the table while Taehyung responded with a flinch from the sound.

"Please call me Mrs.Kim I have remarried."

"I'm sorry, I haven't gotten used to Taehyungs two last names. Our english teacher calls him Lee Kim Taehyung so I figured Kim was your last name too." My reply was shakey and light while her eyes were cutting me apart with just a light up and down look.

"What do you even see in my son? You would of liked Baekhyun better."

Now it was Taehyung's turn to make her flinch, he dropped his fork against the China white plate looking up at her with his hand still tightly grasping mine.

"Katherine. Don't you dare bring him up." His voice was low and deep when he spoke, it was full of anger and the rage showed on his face while he held a glare looking at her..

"What you haven't told him? You didn't tell him about your older brother?" Katherines wine stained lips released the sharp words while I just looked over to Taehyung who was holding a stare down with her.

"Have you told Jongdae about what happened to Baekhyun?"

"What happened to Baekhyun? She told me he got angry and left with your father..." The man with the white button up shirt spoke from between this war, he looked over to his wife to see her face go pale.

"Taehyung..."

"Baekhyun was my older brother. I say was because she killed-" Taehyung couldn't even finish his sentence before a plate was thrown at him and she stood up hands gripping the table.

Luckily it missed him.

"SHUT UP!"

It was Taehyung's turn in this ragging war to stand up and be face to face with his mother, they both had the same bone structure but other than that she didn't look like his mother at all.

And she didn't act like it.

"She killed him. Because she was addicted to cocaine. Because she didn't have the money for what she asked for and stole. My brother died! This selfish bitch left me with a mental scar and physical one."

I saw her slap him with her nails grazing ever so slightly like I'm guessing they did that one night. I saw Jongdae's jaw clench before he grabbed her wrist, he stood up leaving me to be the only one sitting at the table watching all of this unfold.

It was like a horror movie.

"My little brother loved Baekhyun. You knew that.... He was 27 and loved him, my brother killed himself thinking it was his fault Baekhyun ran away." The once happy smiling man at the head of table was fuming with anger, I stood up grabbing Taehyung's wrist pulling him away from the scene running out the front door leaving the front door wide open.

"Get in the car." He didn't complain at my words and did what he was told,when his car door slammed shut I pulled out the driveway not caring neither of us were wearing seatbelts.

At this moment I don't think it mattered.

I thought about the scar on Taehyungs back and chest that I once asked about and the only answer I got was that it was from an accident. If Baekhyun died and Taehyung has that scar it means he either watched it happen or was there right after and that thought kills me.

-

"I want you to tell me everything." I said looking over at Taehyung who was staring out at the river in front of us. He looked so hurt, I just wanted to hold him and hug him but I needed to know what was going on.

"Jongdae had a younger brother that was 27, my older brother was 18 when I was 14. Chanyeol was having an affair with Baekhyun, he was cheating on his wife with my brother. That's how my mother knows Jongdae they met when my mother found out Baekhyun was seeing an older man."

The pieces started to fit together as the tears rolled down his cheeks like the flowing river in front of us. I felt my heart beat a bit faster knowing that there was more to this story.

"My mother had a drug problem causing Baekhyun to die. She owed money to loan sharks but she had none so they killed my brother as a way for her to pay up...I watched the whole thing. She didn't even cry or flinch while I cried the whole way through." His voice was rough and the salty tears fell down his face faster, my throat felt dry.

"They left me with scars, one on my chest and one on my back. But I think the worst scar was seeing my brother die...I'm sorry you had to see all of that."

"Its okay."

And it was the truth...it was okay because I was here for him.

-

🏳thank you for reading chapter 22😄

Edited by me💞