Chapter One

|| NEW  UPDATED  CHAPTERS ||

I stepped onto the sidewalk from the street I was crossing and looked up at the drugstore

It was pretty small, only one person ran it, and that was fine by me.

I go here almost every day for my cigarettes, but today I thought I'd switch things up a little.

The neighborhood I was in was pretty scummy, since I lived in the bad parts of the city. So allot of robberies and bad things happen allot here.

I walked in and put my black hood down, revealing the long locks of brunette hair.

Heading to the back of the store, I took note of my black Ugg boots that I had on today, so it would be a bit easier to grab things and keep them hidden.

I 'accidentally' knocked a few candy bars down and pretended to pick them up, but stuffed them in my boot instead.

I noticed somebody in the back of the store.
It was a customer.
Not paying any attention to me, he continued to pick out a drink from the frozen cooler he stood in front of.

I grabbed a blue Gatorade and went up to the front of the store where I saw the wall of cigarettes behind the counter.

The owner sat there eyeing me curiously and kept a brow slightly raised.
I never really took the chance to catch his features when I'd come in here.
Not like today.

He was a bit over weight, had some stubble on his face, and was starting to bald.
His eyes were a sort of green from what I could make out, and he was wearing a grey shirt with some jeans.

I smirked at him and cleared my throat.
"Hey. Uh, you might wanna check out that guy in the back of the store looking at drinks . . I just caught him stealing something." I whispered as he raised a full brow to me.

"What?" He stood angrily and walked back to the back, starting to yell at the guy.

I snickered and walked behind the counter, grabbing a few packs of cigarettes, and stuffed them into my pocket with a second glance behind me.
I then grabbed a green lighter and made my way out of the store with a few held back snickers.

"Hey!" I heard the owner yell as I laughed even louder.
"GET BACK HERE NOW!"
I looked back and saw him run out of his store after me.

I grinned and ran into an alley, then hid behind a dumpster.
"Ha ha! Dumbass." I snickered and grabbed the chocolate bar out of my boot and unwrapped it, taking a bite.