Chapter 47

Two weeks later and we were all anticipating the Valentine's Day Dance. The weekend before Ame, Rhythm and I went shopping for clothes and the like. Mother tagged along this time, mostly to help with paying for our stuff. I would have just used the dress I wore for homecoming, but since I had fought in it... It was basically a bunch of small pieces now. I had apologized over and over again to Rhythm, but she said that it was fine. I'm still trying to save up the money she spent on me so I can pay her back.

Wanting to change it up a bit, mother let me rent a tux for the dance. I had to admit, I was a lot more comfortable with a tux then a dress. While we were at it, mother took me in for a haircut since my hair was past my shoulder blades and it was really hard to keep. I ended up cutting it in a pixie cut, which everyone loved. Apparently it framed my face well, but it was still a little messy looking.

Ame used the same dress she wore for Homecoming, and Rhythm bought a new one.

The night of the dance the three of us where at Ame's house to get ready. Aiden said that he would pick us up to take us there, so we didn't have to walk to their house like last time. He was late, but that didn't really matter. At least the line to get in would be shorter.

When we arrived, Damian, Kyle and Carlos where already there and waiting for us. They were all in a good mood, but I kept my eye on Damian. Over the last two weeks, the fights between Ame and him have been increasing in intensity. He was still upset that she wasn't talking to him a lot, but it was none of his business to know what she was doing every second of the day.

We did have to wait in line for a while, but once we did we gave them our tickets and walked inside. The gym was where the dance was held, and when we walked in I saw that the student council and ASB students had made themselves busy. There were large pink, white or red hearts everywhere; on the walls, on the floors, and on some tables they had dragged from the commons area.

There weren't a lot of people there, but that was probably because it was only 8:15. More people where still in line and some just liked to be late.

I frowned when I didn't see the food stands, and so I broke off from the group to scout for it. I found out that the commons was were they were selling stuff, which made sense since it would reduce the mess in the gym. Going back, I asked if anyone want some food to eat. Once I had everyone's memorized, I walked back with their money to buy it for them. I did get some compliments from people about my hair and tux. Others, who had obviously never met me before, thought I was a very sexy guy. I still took it as a compliment.

I wasn't surprised at how long it had taken me to get all of the food. The line was long and it took me a while to convince the lady there that I am allowed to be here. She thought that the school had expelled me for the damage to the gym last dance, which I had never heard of that before. It took a lot of arguing and showing her my ID before the head lunch lady showed up. She was angry that she wasn't giving me what I wanted, saying that she was being discriminatory.

The other lady was dismissed for the night and the head lunch lady gave me what I wanted. I was glad she intervened. She was one of those people that where kind of like everyone's grandma who spoils you every Christmas.

When I got back, I saw that the whole group had gathered at a nearby table. Weirdly enough they all looked nervous and pale faced. Trying to cheer them up again, I gave everyone their food and sat down. Even though they were nervous, they did eat their food. I noticed quickly that Ame and Damian where missing, though.

"You!" I heard someone growl. I smelled that they were angry, sour, and made me taste metal. I was about to look up to see what was going on, but all I got was a punch in the face. I yelped and fell out of my seat, my tail smashing uncomfortably on the wood floor.