Chapter Twenty-One

I woke up the next morning with Corey's arms tangled around me. I looked at the clock and saw that it read 10:23. As I went to get out of bed, Corey's arms tightened around me making it impossible for me to get out.

"Corey, babe, I need to get up." I said turning to face him. His grip did not loosen up at all when I said that. "If you let me go, I'll make you breakfast."

Finally, he let go of me and I got up. I walked out into the hallway and noticed that Noah's door was still shut which meant he was still sleeping. I headed down into the kitchen and decided to heat up the waffle iron and make some waffles instead of pancakes. I had just gotten done making the third waffle when Corey came into the kitchen wearing a pair of basketball short and a sweatshirt, with his hair a little messy.

"Good morning." I said pulling him in for a kiss.

"Morning beautiful." He replied in between the kiss. We continued to kiss for a little while until we heard Noah coming down the stairs and we pulled away. Corey grabbed three plates from the cupboard and handed us each one. I made some bacon and eggs to go along with the waffle, as well as some cut up fruit. We all sat down at the kitchen island and ate our breakfast in silence.

"We are going to see mom right after this, right?" Noah asked eating his breakfast slowly.

"Yes. But you need to finish eating first, then get dressed." I answered. "Then we can go."

After I said that, he started to eat his food much faster then sprinted upstairs to get changed. After Corey and I finished eating I put away the dishes and told him to go get dressed.

"Are you going to change?" He asked looking my outfit.

"Wasn't planning on it. It's only a hospital." I said. I was wearing a pair of black leggings, a sweatshirt with my school name on it, I had my glasses on and my hair was in a messy bun.

Once we were all ready to go, I put on my grey knit boots and and grabbed a change of clothes for my mom then we headed off to the hospital to see my her. We walked in and Jennifer happened to be standing at the front desk talking to a receptionist.

"Hey guys!" Jennifer said cheerfully after she saw us. "I'm guessing you would like to see your mom."

"That you would great." I answered.

We followed Jennifer back up to the room where I had talked to my mom before. Just as we were about to walk in, Corey stopped.

"I forgot to tell my parents what all is going on. I'm gonna talk to my mom, then I'll come in. Plus, I think you and Noah should talk to her alone first." He said pulling out his phone.

"Okay. I think that's a good idea." I said kissing his cheek after Noah had already gone inside the room.

I walked in and Noah was hugging my mom. I pulled up a chair to sit on the other side of her and Noah did the same on his side.

"How you feeling?" I asked concerned.

"Much better." She said with a smile. I didn't even think about asking her if she was telling the truth because I could see it in her eyes. They were brighter, unlike the dark ones I had seen the past couple weeks.

"I think we might have to cancel the Sacchetti/Seager Thanksgiving my children. I don't want them to have to worry about me." My mom said sadly.

Just as she said that, Corey walked in the room. "Too late. They are already on their way." He said giving her a bright smile.

"Corey, my dear, what are you going here?" She asked holding out her hands for a hug.

Corey gladly accepted the hug. "I came to see if you were okay. And the others are on their way."

"That's very sweet of you." She replied with tears welling up in her eyes. "So I guess the party is still on?"

"Yup."

"Of course."

"100%."

"Well, then we better get out of here and get working on the dinner." My mom said pressing the button to call the nurse in. And just a couple moments after she did, Jennifer came in.

"Can I help you Ms. Sacchetti?" She questioned.

"Yes, is there a certain time that I can leave? My mom asked. "I have a Thanksgiving dinner to prepare for."

"Yes. You will be able to leave as soon as the doctor gets here and does one more quick overview. He should be here in about 20 minutes." Jennifer replied laughing.

We continued to talk while we waited for the doctor to get here. It wasn't long before he walked in the room and politely asked us to leave so he could do the check up with my mom. 

It was only about 10 minutes later when the doctor came out and told us that she was clear to go. I told Corey and Noah to stay out in the hallway while I went in and gave my mom her change of clothes.

"Do you need any help changing?" I asked handing her the clothes.

"I'm not sure, but I think it will be okay." She said starting to take off the hospital gown.

"So, I've been meaning to ask you. Are you and Corey....like....an item?" She asked.

"Mom, nobody says item anymore!" I replied laughing. "But.....I mean yeah... I guess. He hasn't officially asked me to be his girlfriend though."

"But you are more than 'friends'?" She questioned.

"Yeah. Definitely more than friends."