Chapter Twenty-Nine

The Seager boys eventually did fly back home to visit their family members for the holidays. My family would soon be gathering for Christmas and so would theirs. But like always, we have a Christmas between our families. This year, we are not flying to North Carolina, and they are not flying to Illinois. We all decided to combine Christmas and New Years together and head out to my grandparents house/cabin in Colorado that they let us borrow. Which by the way, isn't a tiny little cabin. It was massive. Eight rooms, eleven bathrooms, a full bar in the basement, and a game room. The plan was for everyone to to meet their on New Years Eve, and we would exchange gifts, then party.

"Adrianne?" My mom asked as we continued wrapping presents. "I want the cabin to be ready for our guest, and if we get there the same time they do, that won't really happen."

I sat and thought about what she said. "Do you think it will be dirty because no one has used it in a while?"

"That's what I was thinking. It also needs to be stocked with food." She commented.

"Well, if you wanted me to go out there early and clean and stuff, I would be willing to do that." I suggested.

"That would be great. I can't leave work until Friday, and you would need to be out there before." She said. "But sweetie, I don't really want you to go alone. That's a lot to clean by yourself."

"Would it be okay if I asked Corey to meet me there a little early?" I asked a little nervous to see what she would say.

"That would be fine darling. I trust you too. But you need to make sure that it's okay and works out with his holiday plans." She answered.

"Okay! Thank you!" I screeched in excitement running up to my room to text Corey.

A: Do you have anything going on after Christmas Day?

I waited for about ten minutes before I finally got a response.

C: We are having family over Christmas Day, but nothing after that. Why?

A: Well, my mom wants me to go out to the cabin early and clean and get stuff ready, and I was wondering if you wanted to come?

C: I would love to come beautiful. When were you planning on leaving?

A: I wanted to start the drive on the 27th and hopefully get there the next day.

C: You want to drive? How far of a drive is it?

A: About 16 hours. It will be fun. A little road trip.

C: Okay okay. Do you want me to fly in on the 26th so we can leave early in the morning on the 27th?

A: That would be perfect.

So Corey and I were going to make the 16 hour drive to Aspen, Colorado so we could clean the cabin. We should get there about three days early, which I'm hoping will give us plenty of time to accomplish what we need to.

I went back and continued helping my mom wrap presents for Christmas. We were wrapping family ones, but soon starting wrapping some for the Seagers.

"Since you are going to drive, will you take some of the stuff? That way we don't have to ship it or check it on the flight?" My mom asked.

"Yeah sure, we can take whatever you want." I said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Christmas Day*

I woke up about 6:30 on Christmas morning. We had agreed to open presents at 7 ish, so I decided to take a shower so I wouldn't have to blow dry my hair, instead just let it air dry. (Side note, does any one else try to avoid using heat on their hair? Or is it just me?) It was about 7:00 when I was done in the shower, so I headed downstairs to see Noah sitting there anxiously.

"It will only be a couple more minutes kid." I laughed. "Mom is coming down down now." As we waited for her to come downstairs, I started a pot of coffee for breakfast afterwards.

I walked into the living room and sat down across from Noah where my presents were sitting. My mom always separated our presents and put them on sides so we didn't have to dig to found out which was which.

Noah and I both put the presents that we got for my mom in front of her.

"You kids go first." She said smiling.

Noah and I both started unwrapping our presents and when we were done, we let our mom go.

"Thank you for everything mom." I said hugging her.

"Thank you mommy." Noah said doing the same.

"You're very welcome, and thank you as well. Now I'm going to go start breakfast." She said getting up and going into the kitchen.

Noah sat and played with the new things that he got while I made my mom and I cups of coffee and talked with her while she was making monkey bread.

"You know how to get to the cabin right?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am." I answered. "What all are we taking with us?"

"I need you guys to take the presents, my big suitcase and probably Noah's as well. And then some extra blankets and pillows."

"Mom, I don't think all that it going to fit into my car." I said a little confused. I had a nice car, it was new, but it was a Chevy Cruze. Great on gas and getting around, but it was small.

"I know sweetie, that's why you and Corey are going to take my Cadillac." She said sticking the food into the oven. That made much more sense to me because she had a Cadillac Escalade which had a lot more room than mine.

After we had finished eating breakfast we all got ready and packed up the presents to go to my grandparents house who lived about 15 minutes away. Once we got there, we opened more presents with the family. Then stuffed our faces with amazing food.