Chapter Forty-Two

It had been a full week since I had even talked to Corey. I knew that he had his first game today so I decided to break the silence and send him a text.

A: Good luck today in your first game! I know you'll do great.

I sent it and wasn't exactly sure whether or not I was going to get a reply. I didn't know if he was already warming up for the game yet it not.  I decided not to worry about it, so I just went into the newly finished nursery and I began sorting through all the baby clothes and other things. I had just finished when Jody called me downstairs. I immediately went down to see what she needed.

"Hey sweetie! I was able to find Corey's game online and cast it to the tv so we can watch!" She said excitedly.

I smiled and sat down on the couch to watch Corey's game. He was playing alright, but I couldn't help but notice that he didn't look like himself. He looked tired and warn out. I was starting to get a little worried and was hoping  that he would answer my text after the game.

It was almost midnight in North Carolina when Corey's game got over. Jody and Jeff had gone to bed, but I was still up. I was flipping through other channels on the tv to watch when my phone buzzed next to me.

C: Sorry I didn't reply, but I did read your text. Thank you babe.

A: Is everything okay? You didn't exactly look like yourself.

C: Don't worry about it, Adrianne. How are you and the baby doing?

A: I'm going to worry about it. And we are fine. Baby nursery is finally done and finished.

C: I'm serious Adrianne. I don't want you to stress. It's nothing to worry about. And I really need to apologize for leaving suddenly. I was just mad. But I miss you baby girl. And what color did you paint it? Wait, do you know what we are having!?

A: Okay Corey, I trust you. And it's okay. I understand that you were frustrated that I couldn't come with. I just didn't think it would have been a good idea being 7 months pregnant and all. But I can't tell you what color, I'm going to surprise you when you get home. And yes, I do know what we are having.

C: It's going to kill me to wait another month plus to find out what we are having. Have you thought of any names?

A: I've had some ideas. Your mom and I have talked a little bit too. What about you?

C: I've been thinking yeah. I think that you should pick the first name and I'll go ahead and pick the middle name.

A: Okay, I like that. But make sure you have a couple picked out for both a girl and a boy.

C: I will princess. I have to go though, we have a little team dinner with the boys. I have a day game on Friday, so can we do a dinner/FaceTime date that night?

A: That works for me. I love you!

C: I'll see you then. I love you too baby girl. Go get some sleep, I know it's late there. Sleep well.

Talking to Corey helped clear up my mind a little bit of what was happening between the two of us, but I was still slightly worried. I know he told me not to, and I trust him, so I'm going to do my best and try not to worry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A month plus had passed and Corey was finally coming home from Arizona. Kyle and Julie are also coming home from Seattle. It was a couple days before Thanksgiving and I was excited to be around everyone again. Corey's had volunteered to go get him from the airport so I wouldn't have to.

I was upstairs in Corey's room cleaning up a bit because some of my clothes were everywhere and I didn't want it to be a mess when Corey came home. I didn't even here the front door open and close or anyone coming up the stairs.

"Hey baby girl." Corey said standing in the doorway.

"You're here!" I shouted getting up and racing over to give him a hug. "I missed you."

"I missed you too baby." He said giving me a kiss. Then he bent down to kiss my stomach before coming back up and kissing my forehead.

"Do you wanna see it?" I asked softly. Corey smiled and nodded his head and I grabbed his hand and took him to the room next door. I looked at him and he looked pretty anxious. I grabbed the door knob and turned slowly pushing the door open. Corey stood there in awe admiring the room for quite some time.

"Another boy." He said quietly. I nodded my head and gave him another hug.

"Just what this world needs. Another Seager boy." I said laughing.