Chapter Twenty-Eight

The past couple weeks have been pretty fun. Besides the whole school thing. I would wake up, go to school, then come home to and hang out with the Seager boys. They were definitely a real treat. Let's just say that I was never bored when they were around.

"I want to go take some swings." Kyle groaned plopping down on the couch.

"Yeah same. I haven't done that in forever." Corey said.

"Guys, it's the middle of December in Illinois." I laughed. "Unless you plan on swinging in snow gear, I think you'll have to wait."

"Don't y'all have like a sports complex with some cages here?" Justin asked.

"I mean yeah, but they are like 30 minutes away." I answered.

"THEN LETS GO!" Kyle screamed jumping off the couch.

I got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen where my mom was cleaning up dinner.

"Is it okay if we go over to the sports complex in LaBrant?" I asked.

"Of course you can." She smiled sweetly. "Those boys need to keep working on those skills of theirs."

"Are you gonna be okay here?" I asked.

"I'll be fine sweetie. I have Noah here if I need anything." She replied.

I nodded and walked back to the boys to tell them to get ready. All three of them jumped up off the couch and ran to the basement to change. You'd think it was Christmas with how excited they were.

We decided to take my moms car so I left her my keys if she needed to go anywhere.

"I call shotgun!" Justin shouted while sprinting to the car.

"I'm driving!" Corey said taking off after him.

Kyle and I eventually got to the car and hopped in the back seats. The drive didn't take very long because we were all jamming out to Justin country playlist.

Once we got there they all took turns pitching to each other and hitting. I didn't feel like hitting so I just pulled up a chair and watched the show.

They hit for almost three hours before finally getting tired.

"Damn. You guys can really do that for hours can't you?" I said.

"We love it man." Kyle replied. "Now can we go get food? I'm hungry."

"ICE CREAM!" Corey shouted.

"Again. It's the middle of December in Illinois. Do you really want ice cream?" I asked laughing.

"Yes yes yes." He said picking up his stuff and waking to the car.

"Okay, well there is a Dairy Queen that serves year round about five minutes from here."

"Lets go!"

When we got to DQ, we all took a while to order what we wanted. Kyle, Justin, and Corey all ordered what they wanted and I had finally decided what I wanted. I just ordered a small cookie dough blizzard. We went and sat down because it was going to take a little while to make the ice cream. Kyle and Justin both got theirs first, then Corey and I went up to grab ours.

"Small cookie dough." The older lady said. I walked up and grabbed the blizzard from her. "Thank you."

I was a little confused as to why I got my first because Corey ordered his first and they should probably do it in the order in which the orders came in.

"Maybe it is because I got a medium and not a small." He mentioned.

It took about another minute until a girl about my age came out with a Corey's blizzard.

"Here ya go." She said winking.

Corey walked up and grabbed the blizzard without making any eye contact with the girl. "Thanks."

"Enjoy your blizzard handsome." She said leaning on the counter.

Corey and I both walked back to where Kyle and Justin were sitting.

"What took you so long?" Justin asked slurping his milkshake.

"This chick decided to make me a large blizzard instead of a medium like I asked for. Oh, look. And she even wrote her number on it." Corey said clearly a little mad.

"I think you're more mad about this than I am." I said laughing after cooling down enough. "Maybe I should take you places just to get free things."