Chapter Twenty-Four

I took Kyle upstairs and made him sit on the toilet in the bathroom while I got everything I needed to help him. I gave him an old towel for him to put over his nose that was bleeding pretty badly.

"Is it broken?" He asked wincing in pain from my touch.

"I don't think so, just bruised." I answered.

I told him to hold the towel on his nose until it stopped bleeding. In the meantime, I put some butterfly stitches over a smallish cut on Kyle's forehead where Corey had punched him and ripped the skin.

"You know he likes you. Like a lot." Kyle said softly.

"Yeah... I know." I said taking my hand away from Kyle's face. "What were you guys fighting about anyway?"

"I want to apologize in advance, but I said some shit about you... and Corey got mad." He said.

"What did you say about me?" I asked taking a step back.

"Adrianne, please." He said standing up and taking a strap forward. "I didn't mean what I said. To be honest, I'm a little drunk."

"Okay. Whatever, I don't really care." I stated looking away. "Do you need anything else?"

"Ice." He answered.

"Okay. Well you can grab it when you go back downstairs to your room in the basement." I said a little agitated.

"You're making me go to my room? What am I five? You know I'm like eight years older than you right?" He replied.

"Yeah. But I need to clean up Corey. And the last thing I need you too doing is fighting again. So go downstairs and grab your ice. Then go to the basement." I said even more agitated.

I went downstairs with Kyle following me. I turned into the living room where Corey was sitting, holding a towel to his bloody nose. Kyle stopped behind me and gave Corey a stern look. Corey stood up in response and began walking towards us. I stepped in Corey's direction and put a hand on his chest.

"Don't." I said softly. I turned around and looked at Kyle. "Go."

Kyle went into the kitchen, grabbed an ice pack, and went downstairs into the basement. I then grabbed Corey's hand and took him upstairs into the bathroom. He took a seat on the toilet and I took a washcloth to clean all the dry blood off his face. His nose had finally stopped bleeding, but his lip was cut and still bleeding a little bit. I finished with his lip and noticed he had some blood on his shoulder.

"Can you take your shirt off?" I asked.

Corey gave no answer, but slowly took his shirt off because of the pain. I saw that his shoulder was cut slightly, but mainly just bruised. I decided to put a gauze pad on it and some tape.

"I'm sorry." Corey said.

"For what?" I questioned clearly irritated.

"For fighting with Kyle." He replied looking up at me.

"I'm done." I said putting the last bit of tape on his shoulder and starting to put everything away. As I was about the leave the bathroom, Corey grabbed me arm and pulled me back lightly.

"Adrianne, I'm sorry. I really am. I know you're mad and that..."

"Corey, I'm not mad." I said cutting him off and shaking my head. "I'm just disappointed."

"I know I know... I shouldn't have done it." He began as he sat back down on the toilet, pulling me with him. "I should've been the bigger person."

"He's your brother Corey. Whether he is right or wrong, you can't just start a fight with him. You're going to have to see him and live with him for the rest of your life. I just don't want you guys to go through it hating each other." I explained.

"I won't baby. I'll talk to him and fix this. Just as soon as he cools down and sobers up." He replied.

"PIZZA IS HERE!" We heard Justin yell from the kitchen. "GUYS? ARE YOU HERE?"

Corey and I both laughed and decided to go downstairs to the kitchen so Justin wouldn't be so confused. At the same time we walked in, Kyle walked in from the basement.

"What the hell happened to you two?"