Ch 8: Focus

I woke up and snapped back into reality. I had a text from Trey and to be honest every since I left the club with August and we started talking I forgot about Trey for a moment. But now that the morning came and I got that sweet good morning text from Trey I remembered how much I really like him. I don't know why I was acting like Trey didn't mean something to me all because of this one new guy I just met. I knew I really liked Trey but it hadn't been long since we met and nothing was official like I've said before. But I still feel like I owed him my faithfulness. After all he was the first person I met here in NOLA. I got myself together and text Trey back and said Good Morning. I took a shower, got out and brushed my teeth. I got dressed in some lounge clothes, just a tank top and some Victoria Secret yoga pants. I went down stairs to see my mom in the kitchen cooking up some breakfast. I hadn't seen much of my mom lately... Which was weird because my mom is usually all up in my business and I'm surprised she's not more into knowing what I've been doing since we got here.

"Hey mom." I walked up to her and gave her a hug.

"Hey baby, want me to make you a plate? Foods almost done."

"Yeah, thanks." I smiled back at her.

"So how was last night? I heard you come in kind of early." She said a little confused.

"Oh yeah it was okay, just Tracey showing me some of downtown NOLA." I still hadn't forgot about Tracey leaving me in the club downtown, alone. I mean I wasn't completely alone but still I needed to be with her because we came together and if it wasn't for her I wouldn't of been with August by the end of the night... He wouldn't of been able to give me his number. But I couldn't blame Tracey for everything. I couldn't help that I was attracted to August. But what's wrong with a little attraction? It didn't mean I liked him like I liked Trey. Right..?

"Oh, okay.. Well I'm glad you had a good time. Just be sure to be careful down there. I'll be gone most of the day, I have some errands to run." She said as she sat my plate in front of me. Trey had said the same thing about downtown. Once he found out me and Tracey went he probably would flip... And once he found out she left me alone he probably would really be pissed off. I ate my food and the table was silent... I looked up at my mom and she looked different. I couldn't figure out what it was but she didn't look the same.. I got up and washed our plates and felt my phone vibrate.

Tracey: liyah! Please don't be mad at me girl! I'm so sorry! I was so drunk n I was not in the right mind. Can u forgive me girl?

I shook my head at Tracey's text. I don't think she's aware of how much danger she put me in last night. But whatever. I wasn't one to hold grudges especially since I was kind of limited on friends now a days.

Me: it's fine Tracey. Just don't do it again, you had me worried!

Tracey: girl I won't. I promise! Next time I'll stick by your side the whole time. I swear.

Next time? Was she kidding. I didn't wanna go downtown ever again.. Not clubbing anyway. I didn't want to see August either. It's not that I didn't want to see him.. It's just that I had to focus on Trey. He was a good guy and he hadn't did anything for me to be acting a certain way towards him... So I wasn't going to. I wanted to see Trey. I needed to get my mind right, right now. I text him to see what he was doing today. Even though I know I'd see him tomorrow because we had class, I had to see him today. He hit me right back.

Trey: Hey baby girl, I don't have anything planned. But I would love to see your beautiful face.

Trey made me remember all the reasons I liked him just with that one text. I decided the best way to get things right was to invite him over. I didn't feel like going anywhere today and I just wanted to sit around and relax, watch movies and maybe order a pizza.

Me: well I was wondering if you wanted to come over and maybe watch some movies and just hang out, have a chill day.

Trey: of course baby girl, I'm down with that. I have to take Tracey somewhere and I'll be right over.

Me: alright I'll see you soon.

This was the perfect time for me and Trey to have some down time since my mom said she'd be gone most the day... I was hoping she didn't come home early or anything but if she did I didn't care because I wouldn't care if she had to meet Trey. He was a good guy. There was nothing to be ashamed of. Just as I was thinking about my mom she walked into the living room with her purse in hand.

"Okay baby I'll be back later. Don't wait up." She kissed me on the forehead and headed out the door.

Don't wait up? Was she serious? It was one o clock... Did she plan on being out all night or something. I didn't know but I wasn't gonna stress it because the longer she was gone the more time me and Trey had together. It was so weird because I was so excited about seeing Trey. I felt had about August all over again. I ran upstairs and brushed my teeth again. While I was staring in the mirror I heard a knock at the door. As soon as I got downstairs I looked through the peephole and saw Trey. He was dressed down for the first time since I met him. I opened the door and he smiled at me as soon as our eyes met.

"Hey baby girl! Can I come in?" He laughed.

"Yeah, come on... I set out some movie choices for you." I said pointing at the coffee table.

"Alright let's see what ya got." He sat down and shuffled through the movies and picked out Friday. A classic. I laughed at him because I had a feeling he'd pick that one. I popped the movie in and it started.

We sat down on the couch and I didn't wanna sit too close to him and be all up in his personal space so I was a few inches away. Trey looked at me and laughed. "Girl come here! Sitting over there like you scared of me or something!" He pulled me towards him. I smiled at the smell of his cologne, he still smelled amazing even if he was just in sweatpants & a T Shirt.

We laughed through the whole movie and I once I didn't hear Trey laughing anymore I looked up at him and noticed he was asleep. Wow. I took his arm from around me and climbed on top of him and started at him and laughed. He woke up and laughed at me... "I'm sorry baby girl, I was up kind of late last night." I twitched at the thought of last night.

"It's okay. I think you look kind of cute when you sleep." He looked me deep in my eyes like he does and grabbed my waist. He inched towards me and we were face to face now only a couple inches apart. I got rid of the distance as I pushed my lips to his. I don't know what came over me.. But his lips were so soft and my heart was beating so fast. Trey opened his mouth and we started making out. He held me tight and started kissing me on my neck, softly. I felt warm and I knew my cheeks were red as ever. He came back to my lips and kissed me softly then picked me up and lied me on my back on the couch. He climb on top of me and we started kissing some more and his hands trailed down my body towards my private then my phone rang and my concentration broke and I jumped up and looked at my phone. My mom was calling.. It's like she knew I was doing something I had no business doing. I answered the phone and she told me I needed to meet her at the hospital. And I had to get there as soon as possible. My emotions switched from hot and heavy to scared and sad... I hung up and looked at Trey with sad eyes. He was trying to hide his bulge.

"What's wrong baby girl? He said fixing his sweats.

"Well um I kind of need a ride to the hospital. Please."

"Yeah of course. I'll take you, no problem." He saw the hurt in my eyes and pulled me towards him and held me. I didn't cry though. Because I didn't want to be over dramatic, I didn't even know what was wrong or if they was anything wrong. I pulled away and went upstairs to grab my cross over bag.

We got in the car and headed to the hospital and didn't speak a word on what just had happened in the living room. I was kind of thankful for that.