Ch 6: Let Me Take You Out

*2 days later, Friday*

Things had been going pretty good. Me and Trey had been texting every day since our mini pizza date.. He was so sweet to me. There was more to him that met the eye too. He wasn't all looks, he was smart too. He was a junior at UNO this year, he had been attending college every since he graduated high school without taking any breaks or getting off track. He was focused and determined when it came to his schoolwork. He had a vision, he wanted to be his own boss one day so he was striving to get his degree in business, and he was well on his way. He has been working since he was able to and saving up, I guess that explained the nice car he had. He worked for it the right way, and he earned it. He earned everything he had.. That's what I liked about him.

We had class today and I was more than excited to see Trey again, we had been kind of busy since Tuesday and he wanted me to have time to adjust to my classes and everything so he didn't want to take up too much of my time. I respected that. I had just got out the shower and started picking out my clothes for the day when my phone lit up. I grabbed it off the charger and it read that I had one new message from "Trey :)"

Trey :) : Good Morning beautiful

I loved good morning text messages. They made me smile.. And since it was from Trey that made it a little more intense. I replied back to him and said good morning back. I went back to my closet and picked out light damaged jeans and a pink tank top. I grabbed my pink air max 95's and sat them aside. I dried off and threw on my clothes and shoes then headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I let my hair down and decided to leave the curls loose today. I grabbed my bag. When I got downstairs I realized my mom was nowhere in sight. I walked outside and her car was nowhere in sight either. I started walking towards UNO and put my headphones in my ear. I felt like someone was watching me so I looked to my left and realized Trey was in the middle of the road waving his hand at me trying to get my attention. I giggled and snatched my headphones out my ear.

"You can't hear anything with those things in your ear baby girl! You might want to be aware of your surroundings while walking. It may not be downtown but it's still dangerous at times and anything can happen." He gave me a mini speech and I just cut him off.

"You gonna give me a lecture in the middle of the street or offer me a ride?" He started laughing.

"My bad, come on. You know I'm just a little concerned, tryna school you a little. I told you I would." I got in the car as he talked and put on my seat belt.

"Okay okay, I get it. Pay attention while walking the streets, father." I joked. He smiled "alright I get it too much concern."

"No you're good, it's kind of cute. You being a little protective and all." I smiled at him and playfully hit him.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah whatever. Oh yeah Tracey told me to let you know to text her. She said something about going out sometime this weekend. "Girl's Night" or something like that." He did air quotes when he said girls night.

"Aw you're sad cause you're not included?" I laughed at him.

"No, no I'm glad you have a friend besides me." He joked at me. He thought he was funny. That's one thing I liked about Trey he had many qualities, another one of them was that he had a sense of humor.

"Whatever Tremaine." I like saying his whole name. Mhmm.

We pulled up to school and he parked right in the front. We got out the car and started walking to class together.

"Ready for another boring day of class?" He asked me.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I answered sarcastically.