Ch 15: Crash

*Aliyah's POV*

The whole ride back to August's place I couldn't shake the thought that I just saw Trey with some mystery girl and the girl wasn't even me. I mean I knew I was ignoring him but it had only been a couple days and everything he said to me kept replaying in my head. Trey said he cared about me and he played that "sweet guy" role all the time. He seemed so damn perfect besides him not being there for me when I needed him the most. Obviously everything I thought about Trey was just a lie, that was confirmed when I saw him with some other girl. He moved on fast.. that was for sure but I guess I couldn't expect him to wait around for me. A part of me regretted not seeing him when he got back just to hear him out but it was too late now, there was no way I wanted to see him now after what I just saw.

We pulled up to August's place and his phone began to ring. He pulled out his phone and looked at the caller ID for a few seconds before putting it back in his pocket without answering. I didn't think nothin of it and we got out the car, got all my stuff out the trunk & headed inside his place.

"I'm bout to clean up a bit ma and I'll get dinner on in a lil bit." August said as he walked towards his bedroom. I lowkey felt bad for not being able to do much and just free loading of August.

"How about a cook something for us tonight?" I said and August turned around and smiled at me.

"You can cook ma?"

"Yes, I can cook! You thought I was all looks and no brains?"

"Nah ma but damn... But you prolly jus sayin you can cook. I'll be da judge of that." August was so damn sexy when he smiled, I blushed.

"Okay, guess we'll see and when you taste my food I'll say I told you so." August laughed.

"Iite ma, we gone see.. I'll see you in a lil." He walked in his room and made sure to close the door behind him. I headed towards the guest room and put all my bags away. I checked my phone.. I couldn't believe what I saw. Trey had the nerve to text me, ha... what a fuckin joke!

"Aliyah.. I'm back and I want to see you, so we can talk. Babygirl talk to me." He couldn't be serious right now.. I just saw him with some other girl... I just wanted to call him and cuss him out but I figured it wasn't even worth it, he's not even my boyfriend plus I've been feelin August so it's whatever. But I did shoot him a text back, to let him know he needed to let me be.

"Trey, I really don't want to talk to you right now. I cant even believe you're writing me right now. You're a joke, Bye." I felt bad for being so rude to Trey, but he hurt me honestly and I wanted him to know how I felt. I threw my phone on the bed and headed towards the kitchen. On my way to the kitchen I was walking past August's room & heard him talking to someone on the phone kind of loud. He wasn't exactly yelling but he sounded pissed off, cussing and everything. I didn't want to be nosy but I couldn't help but to eavesdrop.

*August's POV*

"Hello, wassum Dre? Ima be back outchea withcha soon. I'm just handlin some shit right na."

""Fuckk!! How the hell mayne! So they fucked sum shit up? Fuck man, DAMN! Ima be out thea give me a min mayne, damn."

Some shit like this would have to happen while everything goin so good wit Aliyah.. Some niggas just shot up the hood where my niggas stay at, robbed em and took all the money, loud, and guns they had out the trap house. This is some damn shit mayne.. I'm tryna take care of Aliyah and get to kno ma but I got to go check on my people... That's ma life youngin.

I walked out my room, headed towards the front door and saw Aliyah in the kitchen throwin down. I felt like shit cause I had ta leave ha here alone AND she was cookin fa a nigga. This is some bullshit.

"Aye ma, shit smell good... But look I gotta go handle some real quick. I'll be back as soon as I can, I promise yu that." I looked in her eyes when I talked to ha cause I wanted ha to know I was sorry forreal about havin to dip out on ha like this. But I would be back, and make it up to ha, I gotta be thea for Aliyah.

"Okay.. be safe, get back soon August." Why did she tell me to be safe? Did she over hear my conversation... Fuuuuck. Last thing I needed was Aliyah knowin what I got goin on in the streets, I'm tryna keep ha away from alla that & in order to do that me and my relationship wit da streets gotta stay a secret. Even tho I didnt wanna keep stuff from Aliyah this was one thing that had to be confidential for us to further our relationship wit eachotha. I just brushed off what she said.

"Alright ma, see you in a lil." I kissed Aliyah on the forehead and headed out the door, got in my car and headed to the trap house. I was speedin down the streets of NOLA cause I had ta get there quick before anybody else tried to fuck wit my niggas and the secret stash of dope we still had in the secret lower level of the house. The roads were wet and I felt my phone vibratin in ma pocket and shuffled around in my pocket for it, pulled it out and looked down at it, I had a text from Dre.

"Aug.. Nick passed away." My heart dropped... my fuckin nigga. My nigga, he gone. Nick was in the hospital from a gun wound, I was vistin him when I saw Aliyah and ha moms. I can't believe that was my last time seein my nigga. I was so caught up in all this otha shit I aint even seen my nigga since, just called him a couple times. Niggas got shot all the time & survived.. I aint think my nigga would be the one to go & so fast. That nigga grew up wit me, somethin like a brotha.. nd he was one of my biggest sellers too. I looked up from ma phone a second too late and saw my life flash right before ma eyes. I was about ta run right into the side of somebodies shit.

*SKUUUUUUUUURT!!! BOOOOOOOM!!!!* ....

I opened my eyes and my head was spinning like crazy.. I looked over the airbag and saw the front of my car smooshed like shit into somebody else car, a mustang. I just fuckin hit somebody! fuck mannnnnnn! I was straight but this nigga in the otha car was not concious. The trap house was gone have to wait, I knew Dre was gone handle things till I could get to it, he was in charge of things when I was too busy. The text I just read left my brain instantly fa the time being. I called 911, and they got thea in about ten minutes, slow as fuck when it come to downtown. I called Aliyah and let ha know I just got into a wreck and ran into somebody. She was freakin out of course but I let ha know I was straight, I called a tow truck to come get my shit and they took me home too.

I couldnt stop thinking about the nigga I hit, I might of took a nigga life. My head was fuckin everywhere mayne. My traphouse was robbed, my nigga just died, I hit a nigga, and my shit was fucked up. The car could be fixed but everything else couldnt. I fucked up, and I felt like shit. I walked in the house and Aliyah ran to me and hugged me so damn tight. It felt good to have her run to me like that, ma cared about a nigga. I pulled back from ha and stared into her eyes and I watched tears swell up in them.

"Ma its gone be iite, I'm iite. I'm just worried about the next nigga." I grabbed her back towards me and shook my head. My heart was hurtin and I was startin to wonder how the hell I could take care of Aliyah if I couldnt even get my own shit straight. But I was gonna let ha down, thats my baby and I was gonna do everything I had to, to make sure we straight.

*Picture of Dre to right"