Ch 11: Comfort

*August's POV*

Aliyah looked so hurt.. I could see the worry and sadness in ha eyes. I didn't even know Aliyah like dat but I couldn't stand to see her like dis. She was too beautiful to be lookin like this. I could tell she was lost without ha moms. I guess that was all she had and now that she was gone she didn't have nun left. While I was holdin ha I saw a few boxes and a bag packed in da livin room. It looked like she was leavin ta go somewea... and sum inside of me didn't want Aliyah to go anywea. She had some I liked, not like all the other girls hea in New Orleans.

*Aliyah's POV*

I could smell August's cologne while he held me tight with his warm arms. He was so skinny and tall yet so sexy, I was drawn to him and I couldn't help but to melt more and more inside with every breath I took... inhaling his intoxicating scent. The last thing I wanted to think about was the death of my mom.. or how the only person I thought I could count on wasn't here for me right now. It hurt more and more I thought about it so the best thing to do was to not think about it at all, so I didn't. August slowly pulled away from me and shut the door as he stepped inside the house.

"Ma.. where you goin? Why all ya stuff packed up..?" August asked me with a hint of confusion on his face. It's not like I was gonna stay here in NOLA alone, without my mom or anyone. So it was time to go.

"I'm going to my grandma's.. It's time for me to leave. I don't have any reason to be here anymore. Came here for a fresh start with my mom and it all turned out wrong." I shook my head and held back tears.

"A fresh start from what? I mean if ya don't mind tellin me.." August asked me as he grabbed my hand and led me towards the couch as we sat down together. I hadn't told anyone about my father passing.. not even Trey. I didn't trust anyone, and I didn't want anyone to feel pity for me either. But with August I felt like he would understand and things would be better if I told him.

"My dad.. he passed a--..a-a-way." I stuttered on my words... it hurt to say it aloud. "I had a rough summer... so did my mom. But nothing was worst than the fact that my dad was gone, he was my best friend. My mom decided we move far away and get away from the memories, just start fresh. So that's what brought us to New Orleans." I looked down at my lap and shook my head.. it felt better to finally tell someone about what happened. It felt like a little weight was let off of me. I looked up and saw August staring at me with a look that came off as shock... or even disbelief. He grabbed my chin with his soft hand and I felt a shiver run through my body, my whole body.

"I know how you hurtin ma.. I've lost plenty people too. People close to me, family, and close friends who even felt like family. There aint nun like that type of hurt and heart ache. I gotchu, Ima be hea, you got me." August's words made me feel warm inside and his accent heightened things. The only thing that was on my mind right now was HIM. Him and those words he just said to me... and how they meant so much to me. I felt like we connected at that instance on a whole other level than I had with anybody lately, even on a different level than me and Trey; Not even comparable honestly.

"Aliyah, I know ya said ya had to go to ya grandma house but if you don't wanna leave New Orleans ya don't have to go ma.." I didn't know what August meant by that.. he didn't have me thinking for too long though. "Ya can come stay wit me if ya want to, cus fareal, I don't wantcha to leave, specially if ya don't want to. I know how ya feelin and ya been goin thru alotta changes lately." I couldn't believe what he was telling me, and I didn't know if I should even trust it so quick, so fast, and easy. But for some reason I wanted to give August the benefit of the doubt because unlike someone he is here for me, right now, when I need him.

"August, I think that's nice of you.. but are you sure?"

"Of course ma, I said I gotchu." He gave me the sexiest side smile showing off a peek of his bottom gold grill. He was the sexiest thing... damn. I couldn't even help but to blush at the thought of staying with August even if it wasn't a permanent thing-because I'm sure it wasn't going to be-I didn't care, just knowing I would have someone there able to relate to me and what I was going through at the moment was enough to have me feeling a type of way.

 I hugged August and he hugged me back and we got up and took all my stuff to his nice car, just as I remembered, and as we loaded everything up I took one last look at my old house and thought of the few moments I did share with my mom there. The little conversations, the mourning of my father and the way she looked sick at breakfast one morning.. I shook the thoughts away and got in the car with August. He looked at me .. "You ready to go ma?" I shook my head yes and looked away out the window as we drove off.