Ch 16: "Aliyah"

3 MONTHS LATER

*Aliyah POV*

It's been about three a month or so and I haven't heard from Trey since I last text him, I guess he really decided to leave me alone. I still stay with August & we've been gettin pretty serious we're together now, boyfriend & girlfriend, he's everything I could ask for honestly I'm just kind of ready for the next step because we have yet to get intimate and I think I'm ready but August keeps blowing me off. I just feel like he's been keeping something from me. He leaves the house every now & then around 1 am, thinking I'm sleep. I dont have any idea where he's going, and he visits the guy he got in a wreck with damn near everyday. He always ask if I wanna go with him but I think it's best he goes alone, I just feel like he needs that time by himself. He told me he feels like he owes it to him because he might just have taken his life away. I feel bad for August because he's been going through just as much as me, probably more than be me to be honest. He lost his best friend and he hit some guy he doesnt even know and might've taken his life away.

*August POV*

I'm on the way to the hospital to check on dude I hit, nigga in a coma and I dont know how to feel. Its been bout three months and I feel like each day that go by is anotha day dis nigga lost bcus of me mayne. I've shot a few niggas but thats cause they deserved it. I didnt even know this mayne, they wouldnt even release his name out to me because I wasnt family. Shit was was weak as fuck but I didnt even care I just wanted everything to be iite for dude. I been having to deal on the streets wit Dre these past few weeks cause wit everything goin on I need some space and time to think. Aint nun like sellin dope, makin money to make the pain go away. Plus I had been slackin for too long and I been needin to stack my bread.

I got to the hospital and headed to dude room and saw a light skinned girl standing my his bed and rubbing his hand. She looked up when she heard me come in.

"My bad, uh wrong room." I headed out the door as fast as possible. Nobody knew I was the one who hit dude.. I would probably be locked up right na. I had called 911 from a restricted number and dipped before they arrived at da scene. I couldnt help but come and check on dude everyday tho to make sure he was iite.

"No wait..." The girl called after me. Fuck, what the hell did she want.

"Havent I seen you before?" I turned around and realized she looked familar. This was chick I saw at the club when I first met Aliyah. Ha so called "friend", but I lied anyway.

"Nah shawty you neva seen me."

"You sure?" She crossed her arms and squinted her eyes at me.

"Yeah, I'm sure... but how ya boy doin?" I changed the subject on her ass.

"He's not my boy, he's my brother. And he's not doing too good, he's in a coma and no tellin when he's gonna wake up."

"Damn.. what happened to em?" I acted as if I didnt know, because otherwise she would of known sum was up.

"Some dumb ass ran a red light and hit him." her eyes teared up as she spoke to me. I felt bad because I knew I wasnt only fuckin up his life but his family life too. & of all people I knew what it felt like to lose family, or be close to losing them.

"Ma, you gone be iite?"

"Yeah.." She wiped her eyes and sniffed her nose.

I felt bad for this girl, she was hurtin right na cause of me.

All of sudden the machines next to dude bed started going off like crazy and we both looked over to the bed.

"A-a-a-liyahh.. Aliyah.. Aliyah."

Hold up.... why the fuck was this dude sayin my girls name.. Maybe its a coincidence.. yeah I'm trippen.