Chapter 5 : Jake's Dream

First thing in the morning Jake was called by Professor Ash to his room. Jake reached by seven thirty. 'Now, I've asked Professor Green to let you study over here and miss half an hour of her lesson. She wasn't to happy about it , so let's learn something worth while. I will teach you how to deflect fire balls and how to make Magical weapons made out of pure energy. You could use your wand for the first activity but not for the third. Ready? 'Jake realised that he was very hungry. 'Sir, may I have my breakfast first? ' asked Jake.
'Ah, no need' he replied and muttered Azkalomus!which drove out all the hunger from him. Now ready for practice, Jake held his wand. Professor Ash held his wand above his head and muttered Goliumus! A flash of  green energy came out of his wand and a translucent field of sky blue electrical energy stood before him. 'And this, is how you deflect fire balls. Come on , throw some at me. The spell is Vaporidus' he shouted over the noise of the electrical barrier. Vaporidus! shouted Jake and a series of three huge fire balls shot out from his wand. They hit the barrier and half extinguished , the remaining part bouncing of the energy. 

'Now, you try

'Now, you try.'
Jake lifted his wand and shouted Golimius! just as a series of fireballs hurled themselves against them. Before he knew what had happened a fireball grazed his arm and he fell down in pain. Another fireball burnt the tip of his hair and the third one just missed him. A haze came before his eyes, and he could see black mist enveloping him. His vision went black.
He could make out the blurry figure if two people standing together, holding hands.

The picture abruptly came into focus, and Jake gasped. The two people were his parents, and they waved at him. From behind their back they took out two wands and started looking sad. His mothers cheek was full of tears, and suddenly the picture changed.
His parents were no longer standing in the sunset, but now in a red dungeon, with lava rocks and fire spurting from holes in the ground. From behind the flames came a hooded figure, with a huge sword in his hand. Jakes parents pointed their wands at him and charged. His mother summoned a tornado from the sky , and threw it at him. His father threw a massive bolt of electricity at him , and the tornado and bolt collided, forming an electrical tornado spinning towards the hooded figure. The hooded figure just opened his mouth and let out a gust of air, which extinguished the tornado and sent his parents rocketing in mid air and then slamming against the wall. The hooded figure then threw a wave of purple against his father, and when they cleared ,his father was no more. His mother  flew towards the figure, but was knocked out of the air with an electrical surge, which enveloped her in blue energy and she fell down with a thud, lying motionless on the floor. A kid of about fourteen suddenly turned out behind the figure and attacked . A fist made of iron slammed itself against the hooded figure, who lost balance and fell down. But then he suddenly got up and caught the kid by his throat. The kid disintegrated into nothingness, and Jake screamed.
He suddenly woke up and found himself lying on the bed in the clinic. Nurse Pomegranate was looking at him, and let out a sigh of relief as he opened his eyes. His left arm was bandaged , and burned intensely. The bandage was covered in blood marks, and his fingers were tightly closed around something.
He opened his fingers, and a red rock lay on his palm. It was a piece of the same red rocks that were there in the dungeon where he had seen his parents.

 It was a piece of the same red rocks that were there in the dungeon where he had seen his parents

'What happened?' Jake asked.
'You got hit by a series of fireballs' replied nurse Pomegranate.
'Yes, and I hate to say they were unleashed by me' said Professor Ash with a guilty expression.' It looks like someone tampered with your wand . When it should have undoubtedly formed the barrier, it malfunctioned and only let out a few sparks. A wand cannot be physically tampered with, and thus it is evident that  someone has cast the' Stop Working 'spell on your wand. Any idea who it could be?'
'No' answered Jake.Who could it be? Jake had no idea at all.As he felt the rock in his hand, all his thoughts shifted from the assailant to his dream. ' I need to talk to headmaster Roman' said Jake. 'You need rest' said nurse in a sympathetic tone.
'No! I need to go.' argued Jake. 'Ok then.' said Professor  Ash and with a mutter of Arsenalus! from him Jake found himself standing in Headmaster Roman's Office. 'Hello Sir . I wanted to tell you about a strange dream that I had.' said Jake, and explained everything to Headmaster Roman. He listened carefully and nodded. The hair at the edge of Jake's neck stood up as a cold feeling swept over him, and he could almost see the fiery red eyes of the hooded figure staring at him. 'What happened to my parents? Did they really die? Or were they killed by the figure in the hood? And who was the kid? ' all these questions came flooding out of Jakes mouth. Well, I think it's time to tell you the truth. Your parents did not die in a plane crash....