Chapter 19 : The Journey

Jake and the others stepped into the cocoon as it ascended and came outside.
Sir Cathogen lead them to an opening in the bushes.
'This is a passage that leads to the city outside of the Dark Lords Castle. Unfortunately, the animals cannot travel with us as the opening is too small for all the fierce ones.' said Sir Cathogen.
Tilda looked somewhat sad, but then told her animals to leave and go back to the first, after promising that she would call upon them if she needed help.
The animals ran out of sight, and Jake moved into the tunnel with the others. It was made of iron, and the smell of mud was in the air. A huge portal opened in front of them, and they all stepped in on Sir Cathogen's orders.
They came out into the backyard of a huge but weathered and ancient looking house, with huge walls and barred windows.
'This is the safe house' announced Sir Cathogen, and they stepped inside.
The house was bare, with only two chairs and a table.
Sir Cathogen went and sat in a large armchair.
'Everyone, eat something from the kitchen' he advised.

The kids realised they hadn't eaten anything since a long time, and found bananas, tea, sandwiches and apples

They found an empty room at the top of the staircase and slept there after eating their snacks.
After about an hour of napping, they were woken up by Strivilius and Emma.
'Come on, we have to move' said Emma, and the kids descended down the flight of stairs.
As they stepped outside, Tulip shivered.
'I can feel fire nearby' she said as they walked out of the house.
'Where?' questioned Sir Cathogen, but his question had already been answered. From behind the houses stepped out three figures, a girl and two boys, with flames darting out from each part of their body. From behind them appeared the same hooded figure who had attacked Emma and Daisy at their last encounter.
'Submit to the Dark Lord and you may still be spared' spoke the three fire wielding demons in a hoarse voice.
'No. Never' replied Sir Cathogen.
'Very well then. Charge!' shouted the hooded figure , and the fire wielding trio lunged at them.

The girl went straight for Tulip, while the other two done straight into the middle of their gang

The girl went straight for Tulip, while the other two done straight into the middle of their gang. The hooded figure dived straight for Emma, but was stopped by Strivilius.
'Fire! The only weakness of the class B animizard people!' screamed Sir Cathogen, as he told four of his fellow animizards to retrieve.
Tulip sent up walls of fire, while the girl counterattacked them with streams of lava gushing out of her fingertips.
Aman was at the top of his game and apparently having a blast cause his specialty was water, so every time one of the boys put up the fight he would extinguish the fire with spurts of water.
Suddenly both the Fire boys broke out from the group and advanced towards Aman.
They both leapt at him, and while one pinned him to the ground another knocked him out cold with a punch.
Aman's nose was now bleeding. The fire boys then turned their focus back onto the others. They both sent a huge burst of flame at the elves who fell to the ground, cowering in pain. Strivilus was wrapped in vines and had an army of gigantic Venus flytrap trying to bite out a chunk of him. Sir Cathogen was being attacked by a swarm of bees. Jake was fighting off the hooded figure with Ian. Tilda and Emma were fighting off the fire girl, who had knocked out Tulip with a  flaming rope made of fire.
Ian had been pushed and beaten by one of the fire boys, and Daisy was trapped in a cell of fire till only Raven and her aliens, Jake, Emma, Strivilius and Tilda remained standing.
Strivilius had managed to break out of his binds, kill the fly traps and was now duelling with the hooded figure. Raven and her aliens battled with one boy while Jake and Emma battled with the other. Tilda was fighting the fire girl.

'We'll never be able to defeat them!' shouted Emma, as some silvery substance shot out of her wand

'I agree' screamed Tilda, as her thigh was astung by the flames.
'You all, go! My fellows and I will hold them of. Trust me, just go!' shrieked Raven under the heat of the flames.
'No! We can't leave you!' replied back Jake.
'No Jake, she's right! We'll never make it . Come on, we have to leave!' commanded Strivilius and pushing the hooded figure towards three aliens, dived out of the chaos.
The others too dived out of the fight while Raven and her aliens held off the attackers.
Strivilius was carrying Tulip and Aman, while Ian was limping with what looked like a large cut on his shin.
Jake waved goodbye to Raven with watery eyes, she smiled at him, and they moved on.
His wounds were starting to burn, and blood gushed out of the cut on his forehead.
By the time they had run for about ten minutes the erupting flames were far behind and out of sight.
All of them sat in silence, staring at the starlit sky.
The bonfire Tulip had lit for them was thriving and providing a source of light for them. The animizards were sitting looking disturbed and with the shadow of despair hanging upon them.
They all fell asleep beneath the shadows of the tall trees and woke up in the morning to discover a great shock.