Chapter 20 : Abducted

Emma was lying down gazing at the stars, having a sleepless night. She stood up, jumped over the sleeping body of Tulip and walked till the edge of the cliff.
Her eyes drifted from side to side, and she felt the wind charging at her cheeks. Her blonde hair rustled in the wind. She thought of her lost friends, Sonoma and Raven and Letitia. There was a sound behind her, but she, lost in her thoughts, did not hear it.
It drew closer until it came to a halt. A spine chilling sensation crept up Emma's neck, and she turned.
Her scream echoed through the woods, and the sleeping bodies of her friends woke up with a start.
They all saw it and gasped.
'It' was a woman made of ice hovering in mid air, her body parts detached from each other.

Strivilius picked up his wand and charged

Strivilius picked up his wand and charged. Before he could even get up the woman had cast a spell on them which made them all go back to sleep without remembering a thing.
Emma was at the edge of the cliff now. One push and this could be the end of her.
She stumbled against the rocks and dived towards her wand.
'Launchimus!' bellowed the ice woman, and the wand was launched into the air.
It landed ten meters away from Emma, who had now formed a laser beam around her fingertips.
She cursed as the ice woman lunged at her and caught her by her hair, and the laser beams glowed brighter than ever.
They exploded out of the cracks in her fist and smacked the ice woman in her face.
There was a sound of ice cracking, and the woman's nose was bleeding with a dark blue liquid instead of blood. The ice woman's eyes had just grown wider, and she frowned at Emma, wiping away the blood with her arm.
Emma was fleeing the spot, but tripped on a rock and fell down. Blood was oozing out of the cut, and her eyes were dry.
She tried to get up but her legs were paralysed. She peered down at them and realised that they were frozen, and she clawed at the ice bounding her feet.
She raised her hand to cast a spell but suddenly a stone smacked her at her temple.
Her head hit the ground and she tried to scream but no words came out. Her mouth was bounded by an ice strip, and she couldn't even get the words to cast a spell out of her mouth.
Her hands were bleeding due to their rough contact with ice, and her brain was blocked. The pain was becoming unbearable, and she was screaming at the top of her voice, but the screams could not be heard .
The ice woman zoomed into view, and punched her face.
Emma touched her jaw, probably broken and put her head down. There was nothing she could do, and her head ached with the impact of hitting the stone ground. Her eyelids fell down to cover her eyes completely, and she let herself go.
Her pain was totally blocked out, and she lost consciousness.