Chapter 21 :

Jake was having a terrible nightmare. His parents were standing over a cliff, his brother standing between them.
Suddenly the ground started to move, and a crack appeared their.
His brother fell in, and his parents jumped after him. He woke up with a start. His eyes were red and he was sweating all over.
The sun hung low below the clouds, and the red sky looked as though it was coloured by blood.
As he looked over to the sleeping body of his friends, he saw Emma was not there.
He rushed to Strivilius and woke him up .
'What is it' Strivilius moaned sleepily.
'Emma's missing' shouted Jake.
Now all the sleeping figures were stirring, and they all got up with a start at Jakes shout.
'She must have gone for a walk in the woods' he said with uncertainty.
'Never, she would never leave us alone and go into the woods' argued Tilda.
They all seemed to know what to do, and stood up facing the tall trees. They divided into groups of two: Jake with Strivilius, Emma with Tilda, Aman with Ian and Sir Cathogen with his band of animizards.
Jake and Strivilius stepped into the west side of the forest.
It was bustling with wildlife, and strange animals roamed here and there. A rhinoceros with three horns and six legs was looming behind the trees, a stag with golden skin and antlers approached them and then ran away. Squirrels with fangs and  huge bodies were munching on nuts, and a white bird with a huge feathery tail swooped down to have a look at them.
Jake stepped over a boulder and came to a clearing. Strivilius was next to him.
'Emma! Emma!' Jake shouted, but with no response. There was a rustling in the bushes and suddenly a wolf sprang out .  It caught Strivilius by his cape, and started running. Strivilius's wand fell to the ground, but his hands were filling with fire.
Jake took out his wand and shouted 'Levitato Arso'. The spell missed the wolf by inches. Then Jake remembered as Strivilius's hand grew hotter that Strivilius had told him that like Tulip his specialty too was fire.
As a fireball released itself from his finger tips it set the wolf on fire. The Wolf immediately dropped him and fell sideways.
'Run' shouted Strivilius, who sprinted over the rocks and picked up his wand. Jake was running too, he could feel the sweat on his forehead as the sun burned into him.
Then suddenly he realised that he was surrounded by wolves : seven of them.
These wolves were huge, even bigger than the one who had attacked them before.q
They had furry grey manes and sharp pointed fangs. Three of them flung themselves onto Strivilius, who took out his wand and yelled ' Shieldimus!'. But it was too late; the wolves had already caught him by his leg, and it was bleeding badly.