Dark Soul

The five year old trembles in terror from within is keeping cell. He can hear others screams. Their yells of terror. He's next. The cell next to him is empty. It's been empty for the last hour.

The small boy startles when something harshly smashes into his cell door, animalistic sounds coming from outside. He watches as a man yells at the boy making the sounds and jerking movements before being thrown into the cell next to The small child. He doesn't look away from the boy separated from him by metal bars thrash and sputter as he chokes on white foam coming out of his mouth.

"You. Come here." The man demands opening the little boy's door. "Now!" The man snaps.

The child quickly stands and cokes up to the man with tears in his eyes. He doesn't understand what's going on. He doesn't know how or why only that he wants to go home to his mother who he had been forced to watch her brutally die.

The little boy is violently tugged along, making him cry out as his arm is wrenched behind him harshly.

"This one?" Someone asks looking at a note pad.

"Cell seven." The little boy's captor growls.

"Carry on."

He drags the child through a long quiet hall, only the boy's small whimpers making a sound. He is pulled into a scary looking room. There is a metal stainless steel table in the enter, horrendous looking sharp tools and a terrifying man in scrubs to go with it.

"What's your name?" The new man asks looking down at the boy. His voice cold.

"Wade." He mumbles.

"Wade what?" The new man snaps at the child causing him to try and back away with no luck.

"Wade Ryan Wilson." The boy squeaks out.

"Mutant?" The man in scrubs asks the one who had dragged the boy here. He is answered with a nod.

The man smiles. "Well Wade. I think you and I are going to have just as much fun as your father and I once did.... strap him down!"

"No!" Little Wade cries out as he is effortlessly lifted away from the ground.

Ryan wakes with a start, his blue eyes snapping open at once.

"Hey, it's okay." Brendan says having already sat up in the shared bed. A hand carefully putting weight on the other's chest. "They can't hurt you anymore." He whispers quietly as he pulls the other young man close in hopes to slow the others fast, panicked breathing.

"He has a healing ability like his father?" The horrible man asks watching with interest as the boy bellow him quickly healed from a incision made to his abdomen.

"And shows evidence of advanced senses."

"He'll be perfect."

"Hey look at me." The light blonde says trying to catch Wade's attention again. Of course he never could called him by his first name. After being tortured for years and being turned into a weapon of sorts the other couldn't handle hIng called Wade any more. Sending him strait into a waking terror or panic attack. It was Brendan's fault really for why Ryan reacted in such away. He had deteriorated some of the walls surrounding Wade when he first met him after the other escaped his captors. The walls had been keeping the human inside concealed and hidden away, unable to show his emotions. Brendan at the time didn't realize that the walls where also what was keeping the person hidden inside the weapon created was also being held together by the wall.

Wade jr screamed in pain. The hot iron burning into his skin making him feel like his skin was melting off.

Ryan gripped Brendan's arm, fear quite evident about him as he stared wide eyed at the wall, unable to look away from what his mind forced him to watch over and over again. Every night.

It was a long time before Ryan calmed again, falling back asleep to the scent of his partner and warm arms protectively surrounding him. Peace was only a temporary thing for him. It was only a mater of hours before he would wake again from the nightmares unless he desired to rise and busy himself with something else. He's never safe from the memories. Not through daytime nor Night. Only when he's working is he safe. Almost..

The important thing was the he had Brendan. The one that saved him. The first partner he had in business and finally his first long(ish) term boyfriend. Brendan wouldn't leave him to wake up alone in bed. He protected him from himself.

If only he'd have known what was to become of them maybe he wouldn't have fallen asleep again so quickly. He would have paused to longer cherish the moment.

Hope I got Brendan's name spelt correctly through this one, haven't edited the last chapters. This is Updated Early because I have to work tomorrow. Hope you enjoy.