Ryan

The day had been quiet. The month, the season. God knows it had just been a fucking slow year in all. He barely made it by on his mercenary wage. His ratings exploded after the encounter with Deadpool but Ryan started to make the connections that the man  most certainly was trying to track him down and so had backed his activity down as much as possible but still enough to keep himself afloat. He'd cut all ties he was sure would be infiltrated, not pausing when he'd concluded he really wouldn't be going back for Brendan at all. He thought maybe he'd go back for his partner when things cooled down but they never did and now Brendan was out. Ryan was sure that he'd known where to look and was worried that maybe the other had decided to cut ties there without saying goodbye. The thought saddened Ryan but he'd enjoyed it while it lasted. It wouldn't have worked out anyways in the long run. They were just two very different people and if something wasn't meant to be then why mourn it? Brendan could find something better. He'd always day dreamed about a normal life and Ryan was more then positive that the other could certainly find it.

Loud pounding of fists on the old wooden door to his apartment seemed to shake the air around Ryan as he froze in his place behind the computer screen. His hand grasped the glock next to him as he stood up.

"Yeah?" Ryan called at the door as he moved away from sight should the person some how to burst in. He'd applaud them if they managed to get past the rickety old piece of shit that liked to wedge itself in place. He'd only managed to open it five times in the past year and a half because he'd had to answer it, other wise he just used the damn fire escape. It wasn't in much better shape but it was his best option. He only made the mistake of having more then four bags of groceries once before learning to make small trips up the metal death trap made to be someone's salvation should a fire occur.  He was accruing just looking for a doggie door he could install so that maybe he could carry his load up into the building and slide the bags into the apartment before going back out to enter the normal way.... the "normal" way.

"Wilson you're late, again!"

Ryan relaxed setting aside his weapon with a sigh. He should have rent money somewhere. Shit, he can't eve live he'd forgotten to hand that in. It was just hard to remember anything nowadays it seemed. He needs to get out more, but that means getting known and being exposed to being tracked and he couldn't have that.

"I'm sorry Mr. Reed. I assure you that I have the money here, just wait a second." Ryan said as he ran around the small home.
The apartment complex had been sold to a new land lord so he had a bit f a raise in rent... meaning he actually had to pay it now. Guy that owed him died a few months ago so he didn't get the freebie anymore but home was home and he wasn't about to get up and leave now.

"I'm just going to slide it under the door sir. It's stuck again." Ryan explained as he stuck the envelope of bills that was set aside under the crack of the door.

Mr. Reed sympathized with Ryan and that he'd been living under the past owners roof freely and was willing to give him a lower rent so he wanted to at least try and stay in a good side with the man by keeping a polite attitude with him. He wasn't as big as a douche was Brendan was convinced he was.

"Again?"

"Yes again." Ryan said in a Distracted tone, noticing something move outside his window.