TWENTY-NINE

Vanessa sat on her sofa under her fluffy white blanket with her knees tucked into her chest. The television was on but Nessa mid as well had been looking at a blank screen because she wasn't paying attention to it at all. She spoke to her parents earlier in the day, News of what Ray did to Sam had reached them and although Cheryl and Thomas were closer to getting closure Vanessa knew they wished to be back in the dark. The scandalous affair of one daughter being the cause of death of the other was tearing them apart and that only intensified the guilt Vanessa already felt. Everyone who once looked at her as Vanessa the loving wife and dedicated school teacher now saw her as nothing more than a two timing whore who slept with two brothers and got her sister killed because of it. Nessa prayed to god that Karma was done with her because lord knows she couldn't take anymore fall out from the drama she caused.

Now all she wanted to do was distance herself from the outside world and focus on her self by herself.....That was short lived as her ears were being invaded by the sound of the door bell ringing. Vanessa sighed heavily as she dragged herself off the sofa and from under her fluffy blanket. One doorbell led to another and another until the impatient asshole on the other side decided to start knocking, hard and loud.

"I'm coming relax I'm coming!" Vanessa shouted as she approached her front door and swung it open to see Mikael Hanson with his usual dark colored clothes and leather jacket. She stared blankly at the tall man for a moment before asking. "What now?"

Mikael smiled holding up brown paper bag. "Came to check on you. You like tacos?... cause I love tacos." and without another word he brushed past Vanessa walking straight into her home.

"No I don't like tacos" She lied As far as Vanessa knew Detective Mikael Hanson was a man who focused on his cases he didn't make social calls. So what did he mean he was here to check on her? "what the hell are you doing here?"

"I told you. I came to check on you." He repeated. "So are you hungry or not because I -""

"Why?" It was something Vanessa needed to know "Why all of a sudden are you being so nice to me?" When they first met Mikael labeled her a killer and wanted to put her behind bars and now he was offering her food?

Mikael looked at Vanessa and shrugged. He wanted to make sure she was okay but he didn't completely understand why. What he did know was he had this urge to come see her and it somehow overpowered his urge to drink so he went with it.

"Did you eat?"

Vanessa folded her arms in front of herself. "You didn't answer my question."

Because I dont have the damn answer! Mikael said to himself but didn't say anything out loud. He just lifted the bag again.

Vanessa rolled her eyes. "Dining room." She mumbled and began to lead the way.

_____________________

Mikael watched in disbelief as Vanessa scoffed down two out of the three taco's he bought. Originally two was for him and one for her because he figured she didn't have much of an appetite witch she didn't but after days of poking around with food and making the choice to skip meals Vanessa's body needed it and she couldn't even deny it those taco's hit the spot.

"Someone was hungry." Mikael had this amused look on his face and instantly Vanessa began to feel embarrassed. She must have looked like a savage with no proper home training.

"I'm sorry.' She murmured with a half mouth full of food.

"Its cool, as long as you're eating."

Vanessa chewed what was left in her mouth before she spoke again. "Don't you have friends or family to worry about?"

Suddenly his usual brooding facial expression returned. "I don't trust too many people so I wouldn't say I have friends..Jon, My partner. He's my friend."