0.2

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Jack: Wednesday, 13 July
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

I stood outside, it looked like it was going to rain soon but I was just finishing up mowing the lawn. It was humid and hot and I just could not wait to go back inside. I was sweating in these dress pants and the button up shirt. I took off the vest I normally wore but would have to put it back on.

I never understood why Mr. Kirkby had us dress up when we were cleaning the house and getting the clothes dirty. I guess it was better than just wearing gross rags.

I stepped into the house and let out a deep breath. I felt relieved that I had finished before the rain came. I looked around and could hear the squeals of two little girls and immediately went to scold them.

"Ettie, Ellie," I snapped at the two girls as I walked in the room but froze when I saw Mark sitting there laughing along with them. "Oh! Sorry, I didn't see you there."

"It's fine, your sisters were just showing me some funny things." Mark responded with a smile. "Were you just outside, you look dirty."

"Yes, my apologies. I'm going to clean up now." I said with a smile. "Looks like it will unfortunately rain."

"Oh? Does it?" Mark said and glanced out the window. "Hm, we need it. The grass is dry." I nodded in agreement before speaking. Ah, conversations about weather. Excellent.

"Did you both finish what mother asked you this morning?" I asked with a smile.

"Yes we did, Jack!" Elena flashed a wide grin.

"We talked about this, Elena." I said and gave a nervous laugh. She always called me Jack when she should really have been calling me Sean. I didn't really like being called Sean but it felt like I should have in front of other people.

"Oh! I'm sorry, Sean." Elena said and changed her tone. I flashed a smile and then turned out of the room. Walking to where the cabin was hidden in the foliage, I took a deep breath. It always smelt like oak dancing with pine when I walked in here.

I took a quick shower and changed my clothes before crossing through the rain back to house to help with dinner and the table. We were cooking for the Fischbach's when Mark walked through the kitchen, he always seemed to want to hang around us more than his parents did.

I was cutting cucumbers to put in the salad when he stuck his fingers forward and I immediately stopped cutting so I didn't just snip off his finger. He took a piece of it and placed it in his mouth and smiled while he crunched down.

Laughing a little bit, I continued to cut the vegetable before throwing it in a bowl with salad mix and other foods. The two little girls were setting the table and I watched Mark walk in and out, he would offer his help and we would refuse it. Nothing against Mark, but I am sure his parents would not approve.

Eventually, we laid out the food on the large table and offered anything to the group, who refused it. I then stepped out of the room, and although I was hungry, I knew we wouldn't be eating until we could finally dismiss ourselves from the house and back to our own.

I cleaned up the kitchen with the help of Marika and it was a comfortable silence as she hummed a little tune. "I like the Fischbach's." Marika said out of the blue. "They're especially nice to us."

"Very." I agreed. "Riki?" I nicknamed my older sister who turned to me with a smile on her face. "When are we having all those people over?"

"Oh, Mrs. Fischbach said she wanted to wait until her children got home." Marika told me. "So, we're going to be having it on Saturday. They should be here on Friday." I nodded my head and continued to my tasks.

Eventually we cleaned off the table and the family sat down in the living room. I was sure there was nothing else left for us to do, considering it was about seven-thirty when we finally decided to ask if we could depart.

I walked into the living room, and stood for a moment before speaking my presence. "Excuse me," The three turned their heads to me. "Are you all set for the evening?"

"Yes, thank you Sean." Heather said to me and I bowed before stepping out of the room. I walked outside and back to the cabin, already ready to throw on some sweatpants and a t-shirt. I walked inside and slid my shoes off before I noticed my mother setting a tray of food on the table. It wasn't as elaborate as the meal we served to the Fischbach's, but it was fantastic either way.

I kissed my mother's cheek before sitting down. We ate in silence and then cleaned up before changing and joining everyone in the living space. We sat around on the old couch, the two girls sat on the floor and the rest of us sat on the furniture while my mother read a book aloud. We didn't have a television, we wouldn't watch it anyways.

Eventually when my two younger sisters had fallen asleep and the chapter of the book had ended, I picked up Elena while my older sister took care of Ninette. Carrying them to the bed they shared, I walked into the next room over where I slept in my own bed. In the same room was Marika's bed and a few moments she came in and settled in it.

Seeing the moon shining through the window and the bright light was almost obnoxious, but it was also so lovely, so I left the curtains over despite the fact that it was shining on my face.

~AN

I don't know what to put for this.

I finished my other books and it's a weird sense of accomplishment. OH WELL IM EXCITED FOR MY NEW BOOKS.

Also Mr. Kirkby is Mark's grandfather. He wouldn't have the same last name because it's on his mother's side and usually the husband keeps the maiden name.

You do whatever you want tho.

Rinny!