2.8

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Mark: Tuesday, 6 February
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

"Mark you need to think long and hard about things before you just look like a pathetic fool. Dealing with Felix is not the solution here, it's not going to get Jack to come back to you." Cry said. "He works for Felix under my request, and I control Felix so you don't really have to worry about that or anything. But come on, you look ridiculous. You breaking down and crying will not get Jack to come back. He's listening to what I told him to wait for."

Wait for, wait for, wait for.. What could he possibly be waiting for me to do.

I went home and when I walked by the dining room I heard laughter. I looked in and saw Cry and Jack sitting with my mother. I walked in the room and the conversation immediately halted.

"What's going on?" I asked. I was thinking for a moment that Jack was returning to the Kirkby Manor for good.

"Jack's birthday is tomorrow, we're just discussing it." My mother told me. "You're welcome to be there Mark - if you can behave yourself."

"Why wouldn't I be able to behave myself?"

"You're having a storm of emotions lately." My mother said. "I think it has something to do with the incident, but he doesn't seem like he has control of his emotions."

Cry nodded, as if he understood and agreed, but Jack didn't say anything to it. Instead he looked down at his lap, like he didn't want to see me. It was breaking my heart a little bit.

I only nodded and headed out of the room.

I saw Marika in the kitchen and walked in there. "What are you making?"

"I'm prepping some food for tomorrow, and when I'm done I'm going to make dinner, Mr. Fischbach." She answered me. "Did you say hello to Jack and Cry in the dining room?"

"I did, yeah."

She nodded her head. "Felix left something for you earlier today, it's sitting over there on the counter."

"What?" I asked.

"Did you not hear me? Felix left something for you earlier today, and that something is on the counter over there." Marika repeated.

"I-I heard you." I sighed, I walked over to the counter and picked up the envelope. I opened it and almost felt insulted by what I saw.

In it were some photos, and they all seemed to have Jack in them: smiling, laughing, having a good time; having a good life. There was a note alongside it.

Don't ruin him the way I did.

That was all it said. Was Felix actually better for it now? I had a hard time believing it, but Jack looked so happy in all of these. Cry was in some of them too, like they had become good friends. There were a couple of people I didn't know, but Jack was in all of them.

I felt tears rolling down my cheeks and Marika seemed to have noticed.

She walked over to me and put her hand on my shoulder, "What's the matter Mark?" she asked.

I passed her the photos. "He looks happy." She shrugged. "I don't see -" she cut herself off. "Oh."

"Yeah." I replied.

"I'm sorry Mark have you tried talking -"

"Yeah I have. He doesn't want to come back, he won't. Cry has some stupid hold on him, he's not going to come back." I huffed.

"Have you told him your sorry?" Marika asked.

"Yeah I -" I stopped myself. "No, I haven't."

"Maybe that's a good place to start. You're making it seem like he should come back because you want him to. You're not making it seem like he should come back because it's in his best interest, but because it's in yours." Marika explained.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked.

"I've gotten to watch you mope around for about five months, and no matter what we do there's no fixing it. He's the only one that can. But you need to swallow on your pride and show that you're vulnerable to him. That you're willing to let your walls down instead of pushing him out. Jack isn't the one who is weak - you are." Marika explained.

"So what, I'm supposed to grovel?"

"No, not grovel." Marika said. "I would start off by apologizing. But don't just walk up to him and say your sorry and nothing else or it'll seem like you don't mean it."

I nodded my head. I went to go to the other room but Marika stopped me. "Why don't you do it tomorrow, when we have the party?"

"Alright." I said. "Do you think he'll listen to me?"

When I asked this I noticed Marika's face change to a somewhat grave expression. "Jack isn't really the type to hold a grudge, he's a very nice guy."

"That doesn't answer my question."

"For your sake," Marika sighed. "I really hope he does."

"For my sake?"

"You'll see." She told me. "There's something else happening in the woodwork."

I didn't know what to say to Marika but she didn't even give me the chance to. I watched as she turned around and continued prepping meals. She picked up a lot of what Jack left behind and was often over worked. As an adult she had no friends, no relationships, no love life, nothing besides this house and her family. She gave up all of her hopes and dreams that I didn't know to serve us.

"Marika?"

"Yes Mark?"

"What did you want to do as a career?" I asked.

"What do you mean? This is my career."

"Yeah but if you could do something else, what would it be?" I asked.

Marika stopped and thought about it for what seemed like the first time in many years. "Well.." she began. "I really like painting."

"Are you good?" I asked.

"I've had several gallery showings. I had the last one when Mr. Kirkby was alive." She shrugged. "A dead passion, I suppose."

Dead passion? "Anything else?"

"I enjoy playing the violin."

"You play the violin?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yes, I used to play for Mr. Kirkby. I played even after his passing, but I haven't played since Jack left. Simply don't have the time." She shrugged. "We all used to play together, Mrs. Kirkby enjoyed it as well."

"Jack plays?" I asked. Marika nodded. "What does he play?"

"Find out." Marika smiled at me. "Excuse me Mark, I have work to do."

I felt bad that I forced Marika to reside her passion, but if Jack didn't come back I couldn't fix it.

AN:

Hey squad only a couple more chapters~

I working on the next chapter and I'm already on like 4500 words lol. It's a doozie.

Rinny