2.5

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Mark: Monday, 17 September
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

"Mark have you seen Sean around lately?" My mother asked me as I sat in the living room. I turned my head up to her, and without missing a beat, answered.

"I fired him."

"You did what?!"

"You heard me. I fired him."

I watched my mother run her hands down her face, trying to think of anything to say. I wasn't sure if she was going to reprimand me or understand why I felt this way.

I know before I got hit by Felix going forty miles an hour, if that was the speed he was going - I don't rightfully remember, that I told Jack I loved him. Because I did. But now, it was so hard to look down at me and then look at him.

When I looked at Jack it felt like my stomach churned. So yeah, I didn't want to see him.

I didn't think about where he would go. I didn't think if I would see him again.

"You know he'll be back and you'll be lucky to live in the shed when he does!" My mother snapped.

"He won't come back, I fired him."

"Yeah but..ugh Mark!" She gave a huff and stomped her foot. "When he turns eighteen -"

"He'll be an adult, and can get an adult job." I shrugged. I didn't give her any kind of notion I was listening at all.

"No that's not it, when he -"

"I know where Sean is!" Marika walked in the room.

"Should fire her too."

"You aren't allowed to fire anyone!" My mother snapped. "Yes dear?"

"I received note from he Terry's that he's there." Marika said. "Well that he was there, they said he's not anymore. They found a place for him."

"A place where?"

"I don't know. Their grandson Cry found the place, not them."

"Hm. Alright. Make arrangements for me to head over soon." My mother said and Marika nodded before heading out the door. "He will be back Mark."

"Whatever."

"I thought you cared about him."

"Felix hit me with his damn car!"

"That's not Jack's fault!" My mother snapped back at my outburst. "I know just as well as you do that if Jack could he would have jumped straight in front of that car. He has never left your side for a moment, he's never even doubted you and all you psychotic ideas on how to treat people! Even when him being here put him at risk of interacting with Felix, he did it, he stayed. And you just cast him out because you're ashamed you can't walk. Because you couldn't give him the life you wanted to."

"What are you talking about..?" I raised my head to my mother.

"Please, I see the way that you look at him." My mother rolled her eyes. "But now you can't swallow the fact that your legs are screwed up - even though they will be alright over time. You can't get over yourself. It's all about you."

"I sacrificed so much for him! You act like I never did a thing!" I shouted, sitting up but not standing.

"What did you sacrifice for him!? Because your legs, your injury was not a sacrifice!" My mother shouted back. "What did you sacrifice!"

I thought about it. I didn't really.. sacrifice anything. Jack gave his mind, body, soul and time for me. But I never gave anything up for him. He was happy to give me whatever I wanted, but I never gave him a thing. She was right. Even though I was heading to the store to surprise Jack, I didn't intentionally sacrifice anything. Not like the way he sacrificed things for me.

He did whatever I said. Whatever I wanted. Whatever it was, he would do it. "The only reason he gave so much was because he's a servant."

"You know that's not true." My mother responded. "His job is to clean, and do upkeep. Not to entertain us."

She was right.

I was wrong.

I fired Jack under false pretenses but, "I just couldn't look at him anymore without feeling resentment!"

"That's not his fault. You need to think long and hard about what you've done. I have work to do." She scowled at me and exited the room.

"Who needs ya.." I mumbled. Thinking about it, I did.

I had no friends. I wasn't close to my family, the McLoughlin's wanted nothing to do with me - at least now they didn't. All I ever had.. Was Jack.

I was ashamed of so many things I found difficult to do on my own now, but.. well.. I was alone. Even though all that time I needed help, he was a companion. Now what do I have?

Nothing.

I don't have a future, I can't walk - not well to be on my own at least, or to drive - I don't have anyone.

I have..

Nothing.

Because I went ahead and got rid of my everything.

"Marika!" I shouted. I got up and began to carefully make my way through the house. "Marika, Marika!"

"Yes, Mr. Fischbach?" She said as she appeared behind me. "What's the matter?"

I turned around and spoke, "I need to talk to this Cry person."

"Mm and what do you want to do that for..?"

"I need to talk to Jack."

"No."

"What?"

"Absolutely not."

"You have to do what I say!"

"No I do not."

"Yes you do!"

"You can't fire me," Marika shrugged. "Besides. I am following the orders of Mrs. Fischbach."

"What orders?"

"She told me not to allow contact with Sean."

"What?"

"She told me -"

"I heard you," I interrupted her. "Why won't she let me talk to him?"

"Damage control?" Marika suggested. "I'm sorry, I cannot help you."

I took a deep breath. "Please."

"No."

"I need to -"

"No!" Marika snapped at me. "If that's all you wanted, I have work to do."

"Marika.."

"Let me know if you need something else Mark." Marika smiled and walked away. I felt the tears running down my face, but Marika ignored them.

"Fine, I'll help myself."

AN:

Eyyyy what's going on.

Lol what a mess

I wrote this while waiting for class, it's my last class of the day woot woot. I just wanna go hooooome and lay in bed I'm so tired and cold.

Rinny!