1.8

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Jack: Tuesday, 5 September
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

I picked Mark up from school, like I did every day. He said nothing on the ride home, until we got home and I felt him pull on my sleeve. "Can you help me with an assignment?"

"Of course." I smiled to him but the second he looked away it dropped down. I picked up his bag without his request and then carried it inside, he lead me upstairs to his room where I handed him his bag.

He pulled out the assignment he was discussing with me earlier, and I helped him with it.

"So I guess a good theme would be to focus on how inner struggles effect the outer actions someone might take." I explained to him.

"Hm, that's an odd theme." Mark said. "It's good though."

"I've read this a couple of times." I explained. "I think it works for a lot of the characters."

By now I was sitting next to Mark on his bed and I could feel the warmth off of his body. I adjusted myself a little so I was more comfortable but that caused Mark and I to be a little closer than I wanted to.

"Okay read this and tell me what you think." Mark said.

Just as I picked it up, I heard Mark ask another question. "So, what do you think you'll do once you graduate?"

"I don't know, stay here?" I shrugged. "There's not much to me."

"You seem like you're really smart and how come you've already read this book?" Mark asked as he raised it up.

"There's a thing called a library at my school," I said with a smile. "And I read it."

Mark looked at the blue book in his hands and flipped it around. "So, how does it end."

I laughed a little bit. "I'm not gonna spoil it for you."

"It's not going to spoil everything." Mark said as he pulled on my sleeve. "Just tell me."

"Well, it is a Shakespeare tragedy." I said. "So everyone dies."

"That's not true." Mark rolled his eyes.

"You're right, one guy lives." I laughed.

"Why are you laughing at people dying?" Mark smirked as he pushed gently on me.

"I'm not laughing because they're dying, I'm laughing because of the look on your face." I said.

Mark just smiled at me for a second, and I found myself shifting a little as he stared at me. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I love your eyes." Mark said quietly and I felt my face turning red. "Your nose and your ears. Your smile." I felt his hand on my cheek and I felt his warmth on my face. I reached up and put my hand over his.

I spent a lot of my time with Mark, and he was always very caring. I guess I never noticed his stares at me from across his room. When he was eating and I stood near the doorway, he would glance up and smile at me every so often. He never let me do anything for him anymore.

Mark pulled me close to him and I felt his lips on mine, we moved slowly and eventually Mark ended up hovering above me. I was fine until I felt his hands sliding under my shirt and his hands on my skin. Mark wasn't Mark anymore and I needed him to stop.

"No, Mark." I muttered as he kissed down my jaw and onto my neck. "No please stop," and he didn't and I felt my eyes welling up with tears with the farther his hands traveled. "Stop! Stop!" I shouted and this got Mark to sit straight up.