0.3

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Jack: Saturday, 16 July
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜 

There was a doorbell ringing and I immediately ran for the door, opening it for the Kjellbergs. "Hello all," I smiled to them. "Welcome, come on in, the Fischbach's are in the living space, would you like me to show you the way?"

"No thank you Sean, we know where it is." The two adults smiled at me and when Felix passed me, he put a finger under my chin and smiled.

"Hi cutes." He said and I laughed a little, thanking him for the compliment before he went to the other room. I went to resume my tasks but the doorbell rang again the second I went to walk out of the entryway.

I opened it up and smiled. "Hello Morrisons." I greeted them the same way and told them the exact same thing. They dismissed me and walked into the other room, I stood at the door this time. Waiting to greet more guests.

Several more greetings and more people came through the door, they all gathered in the living space and chatted with one another in the other sides of the house. I walked around, made sure to ask everyone if they needed something.

I was walking around when I passed the back glass door and I could see Mark standing out there, leaning against the railing. I opened the door and stepped out. "Is everything alright, Mr. Fischbach?"

"Yeah," He nodded. "Will you call me Mark, though?"

"Oh.. Su-Sure." I stumbled a little bit as I said it. I walked beside him and I could see the distressed look on his face. "Why are you out here? Everyone is inside waiting to meet you."

Mark's eyes flicked downwards. "I'm not really a crowd person." He told me. "Besides, I'm not used to be surrounded by people who only talk about how much money they have. I don't come from money."

"What are you talking about -"

"Before my grandfather passed, we were in poverty. A cramped little trailer in which my mother refused to take my grandfather's money." Mark told me and I tilted my head to the side and watched him as he explained it. He gave a little chuckle. "That's why it's weird having you guys do everything. I'm so used to doing chores around the house that I never thought I would miss having to do them myself."

"Well you would be a lot less bored if you went and met your guests. You might find someone you really like." I told him.

"Maybe in a few minutes." Mark sighed as he stood up straighter. "I don't even know how I should start a conversation."

"Hi." I said.

"What?"

"You say hi." I laughed. "You say hi, you introduce yourself and then they say the same things."

"Yeah but what do you talk about after that?" Mark asked me.

"Well, you ask them how they are, and if they're enjoying themselves in your home." I shrugged. "That's usually how I start a conversation. Hi, I'm Sean. How are you?"

"Good, thanks Sean." Mark laughed. "How are you?"

"I'm good thank you very much." I smiled.

Mark looked at me and there was a glint of confusion on his face. "Are you always happy?"

"Hm?"

"You just always look.. Very happy." Mark shrugged. "Are you actually happy all the time?"

"No." I shook my head. "You just catch me in good moods. Besides, I wouldn't be doing very well at my job if I made everything about me by displaying other emotions."