The Dance

Today is Keaton's 10th grade Valentine's dance, and Jax and i are dj-ing. Principal. Durani wants us to enjoy the dance so we are only dj-ing for an hour. The dance is 4 hours. As you know i'm not a girly-girl at all, but Scarlett is making me wear a dress, and she wants me to look on fleek, whatever that means. It's the end of school and i'm walking home with Scarlett to get ready for the dance, but i see Jax walking towards me. "Hey Kit! Are you ready for the dance?" He asks me enthusiastically. "Yeah, i guess." I reply, not so sure of myself. "Well, i am! See you later!" He yells happily, waving back at me, as he walks off.

     "Okay Kit, we gotta go shopping to get you a dress!" Scarlett squeals. "Uhhh." I groan loudly.   "Stop groaning, you should be excited." Scarlett says. "Okay." I say, while plastering a really fake smile on my face. "That's better." She grins. "Mom! Can you take us to the mall? I don't wanna drive!" Scarlett asks Mom. "Fine, i'm only going to help Kit get a dress." Mom reply's. Scarlett already got her dress 4 weeks ago because, she thinks the day before is "Way too late." We all hop in the car and drive away. Cloverdale Mall is only 10 minutes away from where we live. Now we are already here. See? It's that fast. We all go inside and walk to Forever 21. I look to the right, and i see a beautiful, simple dress. Honestly, even though i don't wear dresses, i got to admit, this dress is pretty.

"Guys, i think i found the dress

"Guys, i think i found the dress." I say to Mom and Scarlett, holding up the dress. "Wow." They both say blankly, in unison. "This is the dress." Scarlett says, while Mom nods her head, speechless. "Okay, let's go buy it." I blurt out. We give the lady the dress, she scans it, basically does all that stuff when you buy clothing.

      We are back at my house now, and Scarlett and i get ready. It is 4:30, the dance starts at 6:00. Out of nowhere, Scarlett pulls me into her vanity chair, and gets all her makeup out. She starts putting a bunch of different crap on my face. Until, i look into the vanity mirror, and see a different person. A beautiful person.

"Wow

"Wow." I huff. "You look beautiful sis." Scarlett says in aw. "Thanks, Scar." I reply, while hugging her. "No prob.. Now i got to get ready." She reply's running into the bathroom. I told her i'm gonna do my own hair. I just curl my hair, and put a red bow and wella!

 I put on my dress, and  did everything, now i just put on a pair of Scarlett's heels

. I put on my dress, and  did everything, now i just put on a pair of Scarlett's heels.

I'm all done

I'm all done. Scarlett walks out of the bathroom with a beautiful black dress on, white heels, and a red bow. We both look awesome. "You look beautiful Scar." I say. "Aw thanks Kit, so do you." She says to me. "Okay Mom let's go!" Scarlett yells to Mom. Mom walks up to us, and she is just staring at us now. "You guys look so beautiful!" Mom squeals. "Thanks Mom." Scarlett and i reply, grinning. Mom drives us to the dance and we are on time. We say our goodbyes then me and Scarlett walk in. As i walk in i go straight to the dj equipment, and i see Jax by my side. "Man, where is Ki--- Woah! Kit you look really, um, really pretty." Jax stutters, blushing. "You look pretty good too." I reply. To be completely honest, he looks hot!

 To be completely honest, he looks hot!

"Thanks." He says embarrassed. "Well, let's get started." I break the awkward silence. He nods, then the song Closer by the Chainsmokers comes on. We both bop our heads to the beat. We continue playing a different variety of songs until our one hour is complete. Now we are done, and we get to enjoy the dance. I just go sit down on a chair because i don't have a date. The song Training Wheels by Melanie Martinez comes on. And i see someone walking towards me. "Kit, you wanna dance?" Jax asks me, holding out his hand. "I'd never thought I'd say this, but sure." I relpy smiling back at him. He grins, as he puts his hand in mine. We walk into the middle of the dance floor, and we start to sway to the music. I'm a bit stiff at first, because i have no experience of dancing what so ever, but i get a little more comfortable. Jax has his hands on my hands, but then, he puts one hand around my waist, and i gasp. "Can i put my hand there?" He asks me. I nod. I love everthing you do, when you call me really dumb for the stupid things i do. That part of the song plays and i lay my head on Jax's shoulder. I lift my head up, and now my eyes meet his. His eyes are so dreamy, and his lips look so soft. He stares at me too. We look at eachother and lean in. We are now only one centimetere apart. Our lips connect at the same time, closing the distance between us. Both of our lips move in sync slowly, and romantically. We kiss for 10 seconds. And now we pull away, out of breath."I love you Kit, i always have. I thought i loved Bianca, but i don't. I'm done denying my feelings for you. Will you be my girlfriend?" Jax blurts out. "Jax..... I love you too. And yes, i will be your girlfriend." I reply, smiling. He grins then kisses me again.

      Now the dance is over and Jax and i go our separate ways. Then Me and Scarlett go home. "Scarlett, Jax and i kissed. And I'm his girlfriend now." i blurt out casually. "What?!!" Scarlett squeals. I nod happily. "You guys are gonna be Keaton's cutest  couple!! I ship it!!!! GO KAX!!! GO KAX!!!! GO KAX!!!!" Scarlett squeals way louder this time. I can't belive she made up a ship name. I face palm myself. And i just smile to myself. "Goodnight, Scarlett." I say to her and go to my room. My Mom now knocks on my door. "Did you and Scarlett have a good time at the dance? Did anything interesting happen" She asks, smirking. "Well i had my first kiss and it was with Jax, and Jax is my boyfriend now. As for Scarlett, ask her if anything interesting happened to her." I say casually, as i did to Scarlett.  "Aw!!! My baby Kit has  her first boyfriend, and her first kiss!!" Mom yells excitedly. "Goodnight Mom." I chuckle. "Goodnight darling." She reply's, closing my door. What a great day.