A Fresh Start

Song of the Chapter

Sail ~ Awolnaton unlimited gravity remix

Quote of the Chapter

Fake friends are worse than real enemies~ Anonymous 

Dedicated to @FaithEverlasting as he is the main character in this chapter

Also quick disclaimer. I don't own shit except plot and some characters, Rick will have most of this character wise. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Six year old Fate was laying in his little pod, fiddling with his hell hound pendant that hung loosely around his neck. Slightly trembling with fear, he was all alone. The prince of the Void was always around either his parents or his siblings. Michael and Stephan, the little boy smiled. Training with his older brother was tough but it was a lot of fun. His brother told him that they have the most important job in the universe, protecting it and the people that reside in it from evil. And evil must be fought every day. A flash of light startled him and words and images raced through his mind, he was Fate Minamoto, stealthy pickpocket who lived in the woods and used his powers to steal from the rich and feed the poor. His mother Hecate is a Titaness from Ancient Greece. He knew everything from how to act to current events on his location and the memories from before they started to fade. The last thing he saw before he passed out was a woman she had soft smile on her face as her sky blue eyes glowed with happiness and power, her black hair swayed gently behind her. 

~Ten Years Later~

Fate stood tall and proud his brown over coat blowing gently in the wind, the white undershirt was stained with sweat and blood, he took his hat off his white hair was no longer than past his ear lobe, the sides perfectly shaved. Only the top was long, his eyes never left his opponent. His Onyx coloured eyes were icy and cold. But his opponent knew better than that Fate was everything but that kind and loyal to a fault was some of the words used to describe the young son of Hecate always giving and never taking, he was protective over the innocent and deadly to the guilty. They traveled together after a stupid daughter of Hecate manipulated the mist in Salem town alerting the already wary colonists to a life outside the norm about two weeks ago.

Without a word the opponent who was wearing a bronze chest plate and helm lunged at the young son of Hecate with a sword,  Fate just stood there, until the last second bringing his silver arms up in an 'X' giving his opponent an all to familiar look at the bear like claws that extended from elbow to over Fates finger, looking like and arm and than a bear paw, claws, included. They were a mix of celestial bronze, and iron. Celestial bronze is one of the few metals in the world that can kill monsters from Greek myths that keep appearing forever immortal. But it couldn't harm mortals.

With that Fate threw up his hands as he uncrossed his arms making his opponent stumble into him, Fates knee met the bronze figures chest, making a dent. Fates arm came around grabbing his opponents leg and pushing forward so hard and fast that his opponent did a incomplete back flip landing on his stomach, with that his opponent was heard gasping for air the wind knocked out of him. 

Fate laughed and offered a hand to the fallen opponent to which blue eyes looked up murderously before he sighed and grabbed the Asian looking son of Hecate's hand as he as hoisted up. 

"How do you always win? It isn't fair." The kid in the armour asked, as he took his helm off light brown hair hung down to his shoulders. 

"Because Henry I have practiced every day since I was abandoned you know this." Fate said coldly before stalking away. Henry's light blue  eyes shot open as he watched his friend walk away.

~~~~~~~

Fate felt guilty for the words he said to Henry after their mini sparring session, the only reason Fate acts cold to those he cares about is because he doesn't want his loved ones to mourn him if he falls. Plus he never wants to fall in love, Aphrodite is an air head. The goddess of love, how does she make the Olympian council? Love has no place in shaping the world in Fate's opinion.