Afterlife.

General Wang was surrounded by white walls the moment he opened up his eyes. No matter how far he walked,it seemed like there's no ending to it. As if he's trapped in a box of infinity.

"Hello" 

He could heard his own voice echoed. General Wang looked around as he kept on walking. Suddenly he saw a shadow from afar. 

"Who's there?" he said while stretched his neck as the shadow getting closer.

"Jianyu!" shouted General Wang when he saw the familiar face. He happily dashed forward but Jianyu ignored him. 

"Jianyu,it's me," he said repeatedly but Jianyu kept on walking passed him and disappeared. General Wang ran after Jianyu with all his might but he suddenly felt a painful stung on his chest. He clutched his hand near his chest and realized his white cloth has red stain on it.

The pain slowly grew stronger causing him to fall down on his knees. He heard a voice calling out from afar.

"Wake up.Are you alright?Wake up!Quick!He's still breathing!" 

General Wang was confused.He got up on his feet and tried to run away when he heard another voice.

"If you run away,it will be consider as suicide and you will never get the chance to reincarnate."

"Who's there?" General Wang looked around,twisting his body while trying to find the source to the voice.

"That man exchanged his life in order to save yours,are you going to waste his effort just like that?" 

"Jianyu. Why didn't he recognized me?"

"He is on his way to his next life,every memories of this life had been erased from his mind"

"Take me to the next life too,i made a promise to him" pledged General Wang.

"No!I already agreed to his condition earlier.You have to live in this life "

"But...." 

"If you refuse,i have no choice but to separate both of you forever"

General Wang inhaled."Alright!I will continue living but can i ask for one thing?"

"What is it?"

"Don't ever erase my memory of him even in my next life" he loudly said.

"Deal" 

General Wang survived and was saved by nearby villagers the next day. Unfortunately Jianyu didn't make it. In order to avenge,he waited three months to fully heal and went back to the palace where he managed to clear up his name. His position was once again secured.

Every day he would visited Jianyu's grave and spent hours talking about himself. Days,months and years passed by but General Wang never failed to show up. 

"Wait for me.No matter how many years it will take,how many life i have to go through.I will always,always find you" said General Wang as he placed his hand on the wooden sign where Jianyu was buried.

General Wang died on the battle against foreigners 5 years later.

......................

Author's note : This is a very short chapter so i don't consider it as the third chapter. Let me know if it's relevant to have this short chapter or not so i know whether to keep it or delete it.Again,thank you for reading my fanfic.